"Don't listen to him. I'm Sonic. Look how blue I am." "Sonic" said. "Must be one of his ingenious plans we all admire him for, huh, friends?" This was enough proof you needed. Sonic has been acting very unlike himself today, and Eggman so far, has not even tried to attack yet. With all your friends laughing at Egg-nic's, as you've dubbed him, statement, you snuck away to see what happens.

"'Ingenious plans!' Good one, Sonic." you heard Amy said. Yet, somehow the imposter continued unfazed. "Yeah, we're making fun of Eggman because we're secretly jealous of him, right? I mean the brains, the panache, the mustache. He's the total package." The narcissistic comment only made everyone laugh harder.

Finally, "Son-man" spoke up again. "Listen, Eggman and I switched bodies somehow. He's me and I'm him." he said. You were now on the other side of the shack, watching as "Egg-nic" threw a pie at himself. "Ah. Eggman threw a pie at me." he said as a diversion from what "Son-man" was saying. "Huh? No I didn't." he said confused. "Let's send this miscreant packing." "Egg-nic" said, as everyone started charging at "Son-man".

You saw this as your opportunity, you quickly went forward and hid behind the Eggmobile. "Perhaps it's time we bid our foes adieu." Orbot said. "No time. We gotta get out of here." Cubot said, not understanding he said the same thing just differently. They then flew the Eggmobile into the sky, lowering a magnet which you leapt onto. It grabbed "Son-man" shortly after. You weren't sure if your friends spotted you or not, but one way or another, there was nothing you could do at this point.

With the magnet swinging around, it was hard to keep a grip on it, but you made it back to Eggman's base. "With my body at his disposal, Eggman's just too powerful. How can I possibly take on the fastest hedgehog in the world like this?" "Egg-nic" asked disappointingly looking at his less than peak physical form. "Ahem." Cubot said, before gesturing to Eggman's vast robot army. "Oh, yeah." he said.

"Also, you're not alone." you said, finally revealing yourself. "(Y/N)? I, uh..." "Son-man" struggled to find words. "Relax, Son-man. I know it's you." you said. "But, how? And please don't call me that." he asked. "Simple. Egg-nic, as I've dubbed him, was too much of a romantic. I could tell something was up." you answered. The hedgehog personality in the doctor's body smiled. "Well, if there was anyone I could count on to figure it out, it would be you." he said. "But seriously, Eggman's acting is so terrible, and the fact that no one else caught on makes me want to vomit." you said.

After a few moments, it was round 2 for the body-swapped Sonic, but this time, both of you were prepared. "Remember, warning shots only. I don't want anyone hurt, got it?" Sonic asked. A moment of silence passed, with nothing happening. "Well, what are you waiting for?" Sonic asked impatiently. "We're programmed only to obey orders after being threatened." Orbot clarified. 'Dear God, that's awful.' you thought to yourself.

Before he could do anything, you gestured him to stop. "Let me do it. I've always wanted to do this." you said, clearing your throat before barking the order. "NOBODY GETS HURT OR SOMEBODY'S GONNA GET HURT! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!?!?!" you yelled, hurting your lungs in the process. "Yes, ma'am." both robots answered with a salute. And with that, the battle begun.

Of course, Team Sonic made quick work of the machines, but the only one not doing anything was Eggman. "Oh, come on. Do you have any idea how much those cost? I mean between the parts and labor..." he said, being interrupted by Amy smashing another robot. "Aw, geez." The battle continued, eventually with Eggman's MegaBot now smacking the Eggmobile, causing you and Sonic to be hurled to the ground, conveniently landing on Eggman. "Hey! Eggman crushed Sonic." Amy said, before noticing you. "(Y/N)? How could you? I thought you loved Sonic." she said, her voice showing mostly anger with a hint of betrayal. "I do. But the fact that you don't see the truth is ridiculous." you answered with frustration. "Get 'em." Knuckles said, rushing in.

But just before there was anymore destruction, you could hear the horn of Tails' hovercar as he sped into the battle zone, with the gem in the back of it. "Sonic is Eggman. Eggman is Sonic!" the two-tailed fox said with urgency. With the truth being out, you quickly grabbed Eggman stopping him in his tracks. Not wanting to hit you, he instead ran in a way that caused a bunch of sand to get in your face. You let go to brush it away, coughing. Eggman quickly rushed to get the gem. 

"Wait. What did Tails say?" Knuckles asked, to which Eggman got defensive. "Oh, nothing. You know Tails, always the jokester." he said, laughing nervously. But it didn't matter; the jig was up. "When Eggman and Sonic touched this meteor, they switched brains." Tails said, with everyone gasping in shock. "How come nobody told me?" Cubot asked, but everyone ignored them. It's kind of ridiculous that all the signs were there and it still wasn't obvious enough.

"In order to swap back, they both need to touch the meteor again." Tails said. Upon hearing this, with an evil grin, Eggman dropped the gem. "Come on, Eggman. Just touch this and give Sonic his body back." you tried to reason with him. "Oh, (Y/N). As much as I would want to, since you asked, you still can't make me. I'm the fastest evil genius on the planet." he answered. "Interesting. I didn't see that coming." you said. Sonic turned to look at you. "Really? It's Eggman." he asked. "No, I meant, ugh. I meant I thought he would've been a bit reasonable assuming that he may have had glimpses of your memories or something that might have made him think a bit differently or something." (If you get this reference, you are an absolute legend)

Eggman dashed around from place to place just showing his mastery over Sonic's body. "Whee! Now I'm here, now I'm there." he said, laughing as he spun around in supposed victory. "Nothing can make me touch your stupid purple rock." he said. You and Sonic locked eyes, and had one last idea to win. Eggman had a massive ego, and part of that was due to a certain something you both knew he treasured. "Nothing? Not even...a close shave?" Sonic said, holding the mustache with one hand while holding a pair of scissors on the other.

"You wouldn't dare." Eggman said. "Oh, I would dare." Sonic said, inching the scissors closer to the 'stache. "If nothing will make you be a good evil genius and give Sonic back his body, then he can do whatever he wants to your body and there is nothing you can do to stop him." you teased Eggman with an evil grin. He was locked with an impossible choice, and he was breaking under the pressure. "So, Eggman. What's it gonna be? The speed or the 'stache?" This standoff lasted for a few moments, until Eggman finally gave in. "STOOOOOOP!" he screamed in terror as he leapt to touch the gem at the same time as Sonic switching their bodies back to normal. With everything back to normal, you helped Orbot and Cubot lift Eggman's body back on the Eggmobile so they can return him to the base, but not before they played a little prank on him by forming a Sonic logo in sunscreen on his face, which caused you and Sonic to snicker at that.

That night, you put a blanket over Sonic before climbing into the hammock with him. Just before you drifted off to sleep, Sonic spoke up. "Hey, (N/N)?" he asked. You turned around to face him, your (E/C) meeting his emerald green. "Do you think...I'm a good boyfriend?" he asked. Hearing him ask that worried you. "Well, of course Sonic. Are you feeling alright?" you asked him. "Yeah, I'm alright. It's just...the thing you said about Eggman pretending to be me." he said. You immediately realized what he was talking about. "About how he acted like a romantic. Do you think he..." Sonic interrupted you before you finished. "No, no not at all. During that whole Cowbot thing, he told me he didn't. He just likes how nice you are to pretty much everyone." he said, before mumbling quietly. "Most of the time." "Hmm." you asked. "Nothing." he said quickly.

"What I mean is, you obviously know that I'm not exactly the type who likes to be...vulnerable or emotional with others. And sometimes, I wonder if that ever bothers you." he said. You were quite surprised that Sonic was brave enough to be this open with you. He hasn't been this open since he first confessed his feelings for you. You gave him a smile. "Sonic, it is so brave of you to be this honest with me. And no. I'm not at all bothered by the kind of person you are. I mean, being a teensy bit of a romantic wouldn't hurt, but I still enjoy you for who you are. As far as I'm aware, nothing could make me stop loving you."

You could feel Sonic's heart skip a beat upon hearing you say this. "I love you, (Y/N)." he said. "I love you too, Sonic." you said before giving him a soft, passionate kiss on the lips. The two of you savored this precious moment for a short time before finally letting go, and falling asleep in each others arms.

(A/N: Two chapters in one day. That's some progress. This was an episode I've been looking forward to doing because I thought it would be funny seeing how Eggman would pretend to be Sonic around the reader. It probably was a little silly or weird, but I felt good about it overall. Anyways, enjoy and see you on the next chapter.)

Sonic Boom x Human Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें