☁️ | kyojuro r.

It had been a very long mission. The demon was strong and relentless. You were so close to giving up when you had a memory spark. Amidst a fight, you remembered times with Rengoku. The two of you grew up as childhood friends, and your relationship quickly grew from there. Eventually, the two of you caught feelings for each other.

You remembered how soft his kisses were, how warm his cuddles made you feel, and the butterflies inside your stomach whenever he hugged you. You longed for that feeling again, so you couldn't imagine losing to this pathetic demon. You needed to return back home to him, and feel happy once again.

Due to the sudden urge of strength, you quickly pulled through at the end and wiped that demons head off cleanly. Then, you let yourself take a break and took the time to patch up some injuries from the past fight. Once done, you began to walk home, following the direction your crow led you in. You couldn't wait to return home to Kyojuro.

---- (time skip!) ----

You were walking on the path that led to you and Kyojuro's shared house. Just being able to walk on this path one more time made you so happy inside. It was getting a bit late, around 9 pm by now. In some way, you hoped that Kyojuro wasn't asleep yet, so you could give him hugs and kisses till your hearts content.

You arrived at the door and walked in quietly. You took off your haori and hung it on the hook. Upon hearing noise, Kyojuro walked out from the kitchen and his face quickly shifted to a smile. 

"Y/n, darling!", he called out from the end of the hall. You looked up and saw him happily walking towards you. He picked you up into a hug and spun you around, while congratulating you about another successful mission.

"How'd the mission go, my love? I'm sure that you did wonderful as always!", he said to you cheerfully. You looked up at him, with his arms wrapped around your waist and your arms wrapped around his neck.

"It was very tiring. I barely managed to kill the demon! Oh, and I'm so starving..", you said, trailing off.

"Well...I prepared us some teriyaki salmon, cooked in soy sauce and sake, just how you like it! What I want more than anything is to sit down with you, eat dinner, and have a conversation with the one I love so dearly!", he said to you, before flashing a big smile.

"I would love that so much, darling.", you told him. He quickly took your hand and led the two of you to the kitchen. You had a lovely evening and you were so glad you were able to share these moments with him.

----------------------------------------------------------

time spent - 10 minutes

word count - 470 words!

a/n - just realized the start made it sound like he was dead lol (WHICH HE'S NOT!! at least not here..)