Introduction

My name is Luke Torres, I live on the Island of Sodor as an engine driver for the NWR's Number One, Thomas, one of the island's most famous engines. I work alongside his fireman, David Nelson as well as the crews of the other engines who work on the same branch line as Thomas. I've actually known quite a lot of Sodor's inhabitants during my time here, especially the engines including Percy, Henry, Edward, Gordon, James, the list goes on. I could honestly go on about what makes Sodor a great place to be, but I'd say that that would take us all day. But in general, it is a very pleasant and wonderful place to live.

Unfortunately, for everyone that knows of Newton's third law about there being an equal and opposite reaction, that does in fact apply to this little corner of the world to an extent. While the island of Sodor itself is pretty close to being considered perfect, its neighboring location just past the Vicarstown bridge is far from it.

The Mainland.

The island of Sodor is known as a safe haven for locomotives, steam engines especially, the mainland is practically the opposite of that plus nearly everything else good I can say about Sodor. It's crawling with rude and unpleasant diesels, and the main rail company, British Railways, is always keen on scrapping and killing both steam engines and diesels when something new comes into the picture forcing them to . Luckily, we've all heard that some engines have been preserved by heritage railways and have been kept safe while still being able to work on British Rails.

However, there was a time when the mainland could be overall considered a bloody nightmare. And Thomas, David, Me, and some of the other engines and their crews did in fact unfortunately experience the event first hand. And it wasn't just us, there were engines on the mainland who weren't as fortunate as us. Some engines did manage to survive, some weren't as lucky.

And finally, there was the most unlucky in my opinion, those that were mutated. Most of the engines were changed within the first day, the rest mutated had been done so sometime after the first day.

How did this all happen, you ask?

Well, it all started last year when a deal was made to build a power plant on the mainland. I'm honestly surprised no one objected against it. But merely months later, all hell broke loose.