3. are yoυ тrυe?

"And here he is, the man

"And here he is, the man...the myth...the legend, Lucas Eugene Scott," Cassie announced in a dramatic voice as Lucas started to approach his family, after winning yet another basketball game.

"You really had to add the middle name didn't you,"

"I'm just displaying my congratulations," She gave a cheeky smile.

"You rock," Their uncle Keith joined the conversation, taking his nephew's hand into his own, making their chests collide.

"Thanks, uncle Keith,"

Karen, being the next in line to congratulate her son, instantly wrapped her arms around him in a hug.

"For a kid that was about to quit that was something to see," Keith pointed out.

"Yeah, but I picked up fouls too early and I was slow getting back on D,"

"You were great," Karen dismissed.

"Thanks, guys. See you soon," The oldest twin said goodbye to his family.

"Not too late," Karen called out. "Are you coming back with us...or?" She turned to her daughter.

"Umm—no, it's okay, I told Haley I would meet her at the cafe after the game,"

Her mother gave her a sweet smile, "Okay, be safe,"

Turning back to the gym doors Cassie noticed an oh so familiar best friend of hers about to leave. "Hey, Jagelski," She voiced, jogging up to the boy.

A smile creeped onto his face at her sudden presence, "Hey, what's up,"

"Just making my rounds. I guess a congratulations is in order for you as well,"

"Oh, for me—you shouldn't have," He lifted a hand over his heart.

"I know, I was just feeling charitable," Cassie laughed. "I'm guessing your parents are with Jenny?"

"Yeah—kinda the cost of playing a sport. It's okay though, I'm grateful enough that they're willing to watch her, so I can do this,"

"Well, just know that I'll always be in the stands cheering for you,"

The amount of love that he felt for the girl in that moment was unexplainable. "Thanks, Cas—Do you—uh—need a ride,"

"No, thank you though, I'm meeting Haley at the cafe,"

"Then at least let me drop you off there," He insisted.

"No, really it's fine—"

"Cassie, really it's no problem, it's dark out, I don't want you walking alone," He cut her off.

She let out a sigh of defeat, "Okay—always the gentlemen. How you don't have a girlfriend, truly baffles me,"

"I just don't really have time for one," Jake stated abruptly, the girl's statement taking him back a bit, considering the only girl he's ever wanted to call his girlfriend was standing beside him.