2. тнe placeѕ yoυ нave coмe тo ғear тнe мoѕт

A wave of emotions was crashing down on Cassie as she made her way towards the gymnasium doors

A wave of emotions was crashing down on Cassie as she made her way towards the gymnasium doors. Fear and excitement were all that she could think about; as it was Lucas's first basketball game since he joined the Ravens. Joining the basketball team would be a huge opportunity for her brother, but she couldn't help but think about the inevitable. Nathan torturing him even more. As she was about to walk through the opened wooden doors, she was stopped by two familiar, basketball obsessed sports announcers.

"Cassie, care to make any last comments about the game tonight?" Mouth asked, holding his microphone up to her mouth.

Cassie let out a chuckle, "I will not be speaking to any sort of media tonight. Can't be going around spoiling Lucas's luck, now can we," She joked, turning around to enter the gymnasium, to find a certain best friend and uncle in the stands,only to hear Mouth and Jimmy's excitement as Mouth said, "that's twice now we've been called media, we are going places Jimmy!"

When Cassie finally spotted the duo, she headed straight towards them, climbing the steps of the bleachers.

"Hey, you made it," Haley smiled.

"Of course...I wouldn't miss it," Cassie said, taking a seat next to her uncle.

Cassie couldn't deny that she felt a little awkward sitting in the stands of the blue and white gym, instead of a cold metal bench at the river court. But she wasn't going to let Dan or Nathan keep her from supporting her brother, and she didn't blame her mother for not joining her.

"Hey, Cas!" She heard Jake call out to her as he made his way over to the bleachers. "I didn't think you would come,"

"And why's that?" She questioned.

"Well—reasons," Jake raised his eyebrows.

"Well, I am personally ignoring those reasons, like I do everyday. I'm not just here for Luke, I'm supporting you too,"

The brunette didn't know how much those words warmed the boy's heart. Knowing that he could count on her, despite her own issues. Which made falling for her even easier, but she would never look his way. Jake didn't know when his feelings towards the girl started, but even when he was with Nikki, he knew that a part of his heart still ached for Cassie.

"Now go kick some ass," Cassie finished, before Jake went off to join the rest of the team by Coach Whitey.

Once the game finally started, and the ball was passed back and forth between the teams and across the court, Cassie couldn't have helped but notice a switch in Lucas' behavior. Every single time Lucas was passed the ball, or it left his fingertips he missed the shot.

Every. Single. Time.

From the look on Lucas' face he didn't know what was wrong either. But when Cassie looked over at Dan, she wasn't surprised when she saw a sly smirk spread across his face.