'just be considerate and act like i raised you right. steven, that means not staying out too late,' their mom said, finalizing the conversation.

'mom, i'm too old for a curfew,' he half whined.

'wait, what about me? i don't have a curfew either, right?' belly asked.

cami knew better than to be a part of the conversation, because if she didn't ask, then there would be no rule to follow.

steven laughed, 'what do you need a curfew for? you don't go anywhere,' he said.

'don't be a jackass steven,' laurel said.

'what?' he exclaimed.

'belly, cami, we'll talk about it when something comes up,' their mom said.

camila leaned her head on the headrest and cursed in her head; there went all of the late-night drives with jere and walks on the beach. she'd still go, but it just made it a tad bit less fun. she'd go from being able to half-heartedly piss of her mom, to having to break the rules.

'oh, and don't forget, you promised you'd take me driving,' belly said turning to steven.

'belly, i told you i'd take you,' their mom said, with a slightly sad tone laced in.

'yeah, but you're too judgy,' belly said, which made both steven and cami laugh.

'excuse me?' their mom said.

'it's true, mom,' cami chimed in. she had already learned how to drive, belly never had time, because of volleyball during the winter, whereas soccer was more of an outdoor sport, and the season during the fall usually stopped in november.

'what's that supposed to mean?' laurel laughed.

they never made too many stops on the way to cousins, but they always stopped at russells; a small gas station on the outskirts of the town.

'grab me a sparkling water and some chips, will ya?' camila asked before belly shut the passenger door, 'oh, and some gum!'

while belly and their mom went in to buy some necessities and steven filled the tank, camila stayed in the car, taking a last look in the mirror before anyone could see.

-------------

as soon as steven had put the car in park, camila reached over and honked, signaling to the fishers that they had arrived and that they needed help with the luggage.

'what's up?' jeremiah said as he was the first person to walk through the door.

'hi. oh, my god...' laurel exclaimed as jeremiah jogged over to hug the shorter woman.

'long time no see,' he said, letting go of her.

susannah was the next one to greet them, embracing their mom in a hug, while jeremiah and steven hugged.

belly was the next one to get out of the car. it was almost like a routine; first laurel, then steven, then belly, and lastly cami.

she always let everyone greet each other first, so everyone could say hello without rushing from one person to another. 

it just, made sense.

as steven hurried over to jeremiah, conrad trudged into the driveway, only smiling when he saw belly; she really had changed, cause conrad fisher really looked at her this time.

camila stepped out of the car, smiling, 'cami!' jere yelled, hurrying over to her.

'hey!' she said. they'd been best friends forever; it had always been cami and jere - jeremiah and camila. he spun her around and embraced her again.