But now, as he looked at his hand, he asked himself what her hand would feel like without these bandages.

"Could I ask her to hold my hand without the bandages? Or would that be too weird? I just like the thought of her touching me- ok that's definitely weird, I won't say that..."

"I like your hand-"

That's not what he wanted to say, definitely not. Todoroki's face went stone mode, he just stared ahead without moving a mussel.

Ryuka raised an eyebrow as she looked up from her phone. "Heh?"

"...I.....nothing."

Ryuka's eyes softened slightly, the poor boy was so worked up today, understandable.

As if she didn't hear him, Ryuka never missed anything.

She just looked at her phone again and slowly grabbed his hand with her other hand, squeezing slightly.

Todoroki didn't have the courage to do anything. Speak, move, anything. He just let out a breath as he finally relaxed his body a little.

She definitely helped him calm down. He was nervous, very nervous, even though he didn't show it very clear. He was going to meet his mother after so many years.

He was afraid.

- - - - -

The two of them finally reached the hospital. They were standing a little distance away from the entrance, staring at the door while standing next to each other.

People were passing, giving them strange looks but none of them cared.

After a minute of just staring, Ryuka decided to speak. "I think you should go inside now." She stated, still staring at the door.

Todoroki took a little step backwards. "I think I might just come tomorrow." He said, turning around to walk away, only to run against an outstretched arm.

Ryuka stopped him, grabbed his arm and turning him around so he was standing right in front of her, but with his back turned to her.

She stood behind him while his face was directed at the door. Both her hands grabbing his arms from behind.

"You're strong-"

"Don't tell me you don't want this, if so you wouldn't be here. So don't stand in your own way and just go the hell inside. I'm not your babysitter, get it together damnit." Ryuka told him with a firm grip on his arms. He wasn't even that much taller than her, she realised.

Todoroki took another deep breath. "Alright." He said, resulting in Ryuka to let go of him.

He slowly walked to the entrance, halting at the door to look back at Ryuka. She stood there with raised eyebrows, at the very same spot.

"Are you gonna stay here?" He asked.

"Yup."

"What are you gonna do in the meantime?"

"I'm gonna go to that coffee stand over there and then sit somewhere, don't use me as an excuse to leave early." She said, her expression serious.

"But didn't you just drink a coffee?" He asked.

"And?" Ryuka asked back, completely not having it.

Todoroki only showed her the smallest smile at her behaviour, before turning around and walking inside, the door finally closing behind him.

That was when Ryuka turned around and walked to the coffee stand directly next to the hospital grounds.

The two toned boy finally stepped into his mothers room. They were having a calm conversation, and Todoroki was very glad that he made that step.