Joey had her headphones around her neck and her walkman secured on her belt. So, she pulled her headphones over her ears and clicked on the Runaways album that Bill had gifted her. She hit play, and Cherry Bomb started playing. Joey liked the beat and the way it sounded. She nodded her head to it subtly—she felt as though everyone was staring at her. No one was looking at her. But it still felt that way.

At one point, Joey saw Rick put his hand on Michonne's knee. Michonne held his hand endearingly and gave him a small smile—but it wasn't platonic. She could sense that immediately. She looked at Bill, who was also looking at the interaction between the two in the front, shrugged at Joey, and went back to talking to Finn. Joey still stared at them with wide eyes and tried to decipher what was going on. Maybe they slept together. Joey was trying to find in herself to be happy for them, but it was excruciatingly hard given the fact that she was nearly killing herself over trying to decipher her own feelings toward Carl. It was foreign territory and felt inappropriate to be feeding into it in the world they lived in. But she couldn't help but wonder if Carl was a good kisser.

Daryl started messing with the blinds while the brakes to the RV squeaked. "Rick—what's goin' on?" They all looked to the side of the road, where there was a crash that was obviously recent. Rick made sure to attest to that, and Joey peeled off her headphones, sticking both them and her Walkman into her backpack. When Rick turned to go past the crash, there were a few rotters reaching for them with gargles and bloody, gruesome lacerations all over their bodies. They were trapped under the car and Joey scrunched up her fast in disgust.

"That's one of ours." Jesus breathed, immediately running to the door of the RV. Rick was persuaded to stop and the RV screeched to a halt. Bill had moved to hold onto Joey's arm, and she realized then that they thought it might be a set-up on behalf of Jesus. Frankly, Joey didn't know what to believe, but she was starting to wish she had just stayed home with Carl.

They all got out of the RV to put down the rotters and investigate the issue. Bill insisted on Joey staying in the RV but she refrained, sneaking out when he turned his back. Rick pointed a gun at Jesus's head. "If this is a trick, it won't end well for you."

Jesus frantically looked around, distressed. Joey wanted to feel badly for him but she could just not bring herself to. "My people are in trouble. They don't—we don't have a lot of fighters. I know how it looks, but I'll play it out. Can I borrow a gun?"

"No."

Daryl spotted tracks. Joey took out her gun as they started to follow them—Bill putting out his arm to stop her. "No. You're staying here." Joey looked at him like he had just stabbed her. In some metaphorical, melodrama sense, he had. "Are you kidding?"

"I'm serious, Joey. Stay and watch the RV."

She looked back at the chunk of metal behind her, and swallowed at the eerily empty town around her. She sighed heavily, grabbing onto Finn's shirt. "He's staying with me, then." Finn sighed, almost like a laugh. Neither Joey or Bill were laughing. "What, are you scared?" Finn mocked, and Joey gave him the finger. Bill rubbed his temples and nodded his head. "Finn, stay with her. Stop fucking arguing, for my sake."

Joey held up her hands in defense. "Fine, dad." Bill widened his eyes at her and walked away with the rest of them. Joey did not understand the weight of her comment. Joey and Finn sat on the steps leading up to the RV—both keeping their guns out just in case. They did not talk and it felt extremely awkward. "So—what do you think of this guy Jesus?" Finn asked, kicking a rock on the ground. Joey looked at him, then the rock, and then out toward the crashed car again.

"Uh—I don't know. Haven't talked to him at all. I just came along for a ride."

"Do you think he's suspicious?"