Chapter 4

Rosalie's pov

"Goodbye officers." Laurel sighed.

The cops picked us up and brought us back home. And Laurel was not happy.

Laurel turned around to face all of us.

"How could you guys be so irresponsible?" Laurel asked disappointed.

"Mom it wasn't a big deal. Alright? Seriously. The cops were just looking to break up the bonfire." Steven explains.

"Not a big deal?" Laurel asks clearly being sarcastic.

"Yes." Steven replies.

I mentally face palm at his lack of communication skills.

"I would say getting picked up by the cops for underage drinking is a pretty big deal Steven." Laurel sighs out in frustration.

Steven starts sniffing. Belly, Conrad and I all give each other a "what the fuck is he doing" look.

"Were you guys smoking tonight?" Steven questions.

"What?" Laurel acts oblivious to the fact that her son thinks she's smoking.

"Keep your voice down. Susannah's asleep on the couch." Laurel says definitely trying to avoid the topic.

Belly and I look at each other and try not to burst out laughing right there.

"What? I wasn't yelling. Y-you were." Steven started. When Jeremiah spoke up.

"Just so you know Laurel, I didn't drink tonight. I was the dd I swear." Jeremiah plastered a smile. Clearly not realizing the timing is off.

Laurel ignores Jeremiah and turns to Conrad.

"You're the oldest. What the hell has gotten into you?" Laurel says in disappointment.

Then she looks up to Belly and Rosalie.

Oh shit. Rosalie thought.

"And when did you girls leave the house without telling anybody? And what in the world are you wearing, Belly?" Laurel frustratingly sighs out.

"It's Taylor's. And why am I the only one who's not allowed to to out?" Belly asks loudly.

"It's not that you're not allowed. It's that you should've told us you were going. How'd you two even get there?" Laurel gets out.

"We walked." Belly and Rosalie mumble in unison.

"Jesus. You both know better than to walk that far down the beach alone at night!" Laurel shouts.

"Can you stop treating me like a kid?!" Belly shouts back.

"If you wanna be treated like an adult, you need to act like one." Laurel quiets down.

"Then maybe you guys should to." Conrad speaks up.

Belly and I glance at him with questioning looks.

"What does that mean?" Laurel asks clearly frustrated with the group of teens.

"I hope you realize this night could've ended a lot differently if your family wasn't your family." Laurel continues.

"We're sorry Laurel." Jeremiah says in shame.

I nod along. Agreeing with Jeremiah.

"Just- go to bed guys." Laurel sighs out and leaves the room.

We all head to our rooms. Once everyone is definitely in their rooms. I sneak out mine and go knock on Conrad's bedroom door.

"Come in!" I hear him say from the other side of the door. As i walk into his room, he notices it's just me and gives me a smile.