Chapter 9 - The Water Priestess

[Add's Point of View]

...

It all reminded me of when I tried to save my parents, my mother in particular, during the unfortunate event that occurred. All I wanted to see was her smile once again, but that could never happen. I was too far into the future to rewind up to that point. I was too late to rescue them, therefore I'll never make that mistake again. I can't let this happen to Ara, too! Was the demise of my parents the price to pay for this godly power?

"I believe you, Add." Ara smiled. "Eun said that you seemed familiar, too. She said that you seemed like a suspicious person. It must have been from the previous timelines. I have trust in you, because I love you."

I smiled with relief. "Good."

"But, I do want to ask about the conversation with Eve, now that you explained all of this to me."

"Very well." I told her about the occurrence on the terrace.

Since the Nasod Queen had also recognized me like the fox-spirit did, I asked her if she had any knowledge about how to save Ara stored in her database. Eve said that she would tell me if I 'swore loyalty' to her, by kissing the back of her hand. In the end, the damned Nasod didn't have any information, it was just a f***ing trick to humiliate myself in front of her.

Ara giggled, looking up at me. "Oh, so that's what it was..."

"Yeah. You can stop worrying about that now." I smirked. "To think that you actually thought I had feelings for the emotionless b****, though. Kyahahaha!"

"Sh-Shush." she blushed with embarrassment. "It was all a misunderstanding!"

I ran my fingers through my hair. "Yeah, yeah."

"Are you ready to continue?" she asked.

I nodded, laughing. "Kekekeke! Avalanche, the demon that took over this place, is no match for us, trust me! You still have to be careful, though. Time to proceed on~!" Floating on my dynamos, I went on forward, with Ara following behind.

...

Avalanche was somewhat difficult to defeat, but it wasn't much of a challenge. He launched large blocks of ice, hailed icicles on us, and set up ice traps (in which Ara was caught in several times, but they were quite easy to destroy with her martial arts and spear). However, the annoying part was when he shot out two white flashing flares; they emitted icy shards which exploded upon contact with any object. Luckily, Ara's swift, nimble movements along with her air-walking ability that defies gravity came in handy, so she was safe. As for me, I was able to dodge most of them by floating around with my dynamos.

After defeating him, Ara gave me a highfive in recognition of our powers. It seemed like we were an indestructible duo, kyahaha.

The Water Priestess, Sasha, greeted us with a wave. "Thank you for saving me, young adventurers." A small smiled formed on her face.

"N-No problem!" Ara beamed.

"You two must be exhausted." Sasha examined us. "You two may rest here for the night, it is growing quite late. This temple belongs to me, and I usually do not have company. Please do not worry, it is the least I can do to express my gratitude for rescuing me."

Ara glanced up at me, as I nodded.

"Okay, we'll take your offer. Thank you very much!" Ara bowed.

In a flash, all the ice inside the temple started to disappear.

"W-Whoa..!!" Ara exclaimed, seeming quite surprised.

"Since Avalanche is now deceased, this temple is no longer affected by the curse of the icy element." Sasha explained. "I would not want my guests to receive frostbite."

"Thank you!" Ara smiled.

"It is my pleasure. Would it be too much to ask for your names? You two are my saviours, after all." the priestess inquired.

"I'm Ara, and this is Add." she gestured over to me with her hands.

"Yo." I waved.

"I shall get your rooms ready for the night."

...

--[CHAPTER 9 - THE WATER PRIESTESS : END]--