An Accidental Arachnid

Before any of you ask, Tuka has been doing better since he's escaped his slavery to the Kraang. Nyuni has been helping him cope from his PTSD, just like he did with his father. It brought tears to his eyes as he remembered the good days he had with his father.

The first thing he did, after feeling comfortable with thwarting the Kraang's operations, was to watch over a lab they were supposed to be breaking into, according to Chafu. They were getting some help from a friend of Nyuni's; a red raccoon with even quieter steps than the much smaller mouse. Her name is Apesta.

Born in Guatemala, she's been eluding the authorities' eye(s) for years, thanks to the stealth training she received from her beloved parents

Born in Guatemala, she's been eluding the authorities' eye(s) for years, thanks to the stealth training she received from her beloved parents. Anyways, Apesta was called upon by Chafu to help, and the raccoon gladly accepted the role. She was perfect for the job.

Nyuni watched Apesta scale the building once again while Tuka fell asleep, snoring and occasionally twitching. Apesta stopped in front of the kangaroo. "Anything?" She asked. "Nada." Apesta answered. "Any minute now, I would assume. That Chafu is a delightful young lynx, he is."

"He's a bobcat, actually." Tuka muttered, half awake.

"Ah... Sí."

Tuka yawned and got ready to fall asleep again, when he heard a flit-flit-flit noise in front of him. He opened his eye and saw a pigeon. His head never rose up so quickly. He hasn't had meat in such a long time, he almost forgot what it tasted like. Sure, he'd have to pick feathers out of his teeth, but he didn't care right now.

The tiger crouched down, despite it being futile when the pigeon already knew he was there. A small leap, but the bird flew away and perched itself atop the nearby satellite dish. Its back was turned. Now was the chance. 

Tuka quietly crept up to the satellite dish, his eyes locked on his prey. Nyuni and Apesta watched the tiger documentary with half-amused looks. "Tuka, no ahora mismo, por favor (not right now, please)." Apesta said. Unfortunately, Tuka wasn't paying attention. The kitty was hungry for bird meat.

Soon, he would regret his actions when he leaped and slammed himself face first into the satellite dish, breaking it with his weight. Luckily the pigeon flew away again before Tuka jumped again. "Aw man... Prey wins again tonight..." He muttered. "Are you okay?" Nyuni asked, helping Tuka get back on his feet. "Yeah, I'm okay. Why?" Tuka asked. Apesta rolled her eyes, but the smile hasn't left her face. "You did just slam yourself into a satellite dish, chamaco."

"I did?" The tiger looked down at the broken satellite dish. "Oh boy... I didn't mean... I was just bored. We're just sitting on a cold roof all night, and I saw food in front of me, I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings." Tuka admitted his mistake, rather anxiously. "Everyone makes mistakes, bud." Nyuni said, forgiving Tuka. "I'm not sure we can fix it, though..."

"I don't know squat about electrical. Apesta, you've been in the streets long enough, would you know how to fix this?" Tuka asked. "I'm afraid not, mi amigo." Apesta answered.