010

JUNO WAS sat on the counter next to the sink of reefer rick's house as eddie looked through every cabinet in the kitchen trying to find something to eat for the two of them

JUNO WAS sat on the counter next to the sink of reefer rick's house as eddie looked through every cabinet in the kitchen trying to find something to eat for the two of them. eventually, he found a can of spaghetti in the cabinet, and put the contents in the can on the stove to cook.

juno thanked eddie as he gave her her half of the food. she made her way to the living room as eddie tried to contact dustin. she sat on the couch as she silently ate her food, listening to eddie talk to nancy.

she zoned out for a bit, and then she heard eddie repeated the last name that belonged to her sister and herself.

"what's going on?" juno asked, walking up to, who was looking out the glass of the front door window.

"i was telling your sister we needed more food and then she told me she needed to call me back." he explained.

"something must of happened, hopefully they're okay," she stated worryingly.

eddie put an arm around juno's waist as he led them to the couch, where juno propped her legs under herself, "i'm sure they're fine, don't worry about it."

juno nodded in response. after a moment of comfortable silence, she said, "y'know, i was just some random girl with superpowers before i met you."

"what do you mean?" eddie looked at her, confused.

"i mean- i wasn't really sure who i was before all this happened. i just thought of myself as a human lab experiment who was given a tattoo to give them a daily reminder of that." she showed him her tattoo.

"that's not true," he used his hand to gently turn her head to face him, "juno, you're so much more than that. you're a hero. that tattoo they gave you proves that. even without your powers or your tattoo, you are still someone. someone that i care about, a lot."

before eddie could continue, juno put her arms around his shoulders and pulled him in for a hug. he hugged her back instantly, his arms snaking around her waist. they found comfort in each other's embrace, and wanted to spend all the time they could together like that, just the two of them.

↢ ❦ ↣

JUNO AND EDDIE were back in the boathouse having a competition. it was simple; see who gets the most rocks in the paint bucket. juno had got six out of the eight small rocks in, and it was now eddie's turn to see who would win that round.

he was halfway through the round when they heard the sound of a car pulling into the driveway. they both ducked down to not give away their presence, and eddie quickly tried to find out who was in the car.

eddie grabbed the walkie-talkie and tried to contact someone for help. "hey dustin, you there? it's eddie. you remember me, right? hey, if anyone's there, i really think me and juno are in a bit of trouble here, okay? wheeler?"

juno looked around, knowing that eddie wouldn't get a response anytime soon. "eddie, the boat."

he looked at her, then at the boat, "juno, you're a genius." he smiled before kissing her on the head.

once juno and eddie got the boat on the lake, eddie tried to turn the engine on.

it wouldn't turn on.

eddie then grabbed an ore and gave it to juno, and they began rowing their way to the other side of the lake.

"hey freak!" they heard the sound of jason's voice echo towards them, "where do you think you're going? is that juno wheeler?"

"shit." eddie looked at juno before trying to turn the engine on, which still wouldn't work.

soon, jason and patrick began making their way towards the boat, and juno and eddie began rowing again.

"cant you use your powers or something?" eddie asked urgently.

"i can't think of anything i can do right now! what do you want me to do?" she answered. she then thought of something, "i have an idea."

she went up to the edge of the boat where jason was swimming towards, and focused her energy on jason. she then thrusted her hand forward, and stopped jason's movements.

jason, who was now confused on how he was not moving, struggled under juno's powers to move.

juno let go of jason when she saw patrick getting pulled under the water by something, "what the fuck?"

suddenly, patrick was pulled out of the water, and was now floating in the air. juno backed up, as well as eddie, and the amount of weight on one side of the boat was more than the other, causing them both to fall into the water.

it was only a couple seconds that they were submerged in the cold lake water, but that was enough for something horrible to happen. as juno and eddie made their way back to the surface of the water, their focus was drawn back to patrick who's limbs were breaking one by one while still in the air.

he then fell back into the water, juno still in shock of what she just saw.

"hey," eddie gently grabbed her arm, "we have to go."

↢ ❦ ↣

AUTHOR'S NOTE
oh

( edited ! )