title ~ chap 8

It's so strange sprig is 21 now I can't imagine him grown-

Anyway-

~ <3 ~

Anne POV

"Shut. Up. No way Toadie's the mayor!" I hollered in surprise.

"And engaged!" Sprig laughed.

"....is it-"

"TOADSTOOL!"

(Guys this is canon Matt confirmed it 😭)

"Ha! I knew it!"

We both laughed and sprig caught his breath, "hey Anne? So are Sasha and Marcy back also?"

"Yeah, they did wait outside but they probably gone off to see the town and visit friends," I let out a soft sigh. "I'm so happy to be here, sprig. It's been so long that I was starting to think I made it up."

Sprig leaned to me and cupped my cheek with his hand. "I'm real, and I'm here." He reassured me and brought me into a hug.

"Uh... am I interrupting something?" Polly's voice caught my attention from the latter in.

"Not at all, what's up?" I turn to the pink frog, "hop pop just said he wanted to celebrate with you when you're ready to come up! He's making food right now."

"Alright thanks champ. Remind me when the food's done?" I asked

"Eye eye captain!" She hollered and walked up the stairs.

Sprig and I looked at each other and cracked up again before he asked, "well anything else you need to tell me about?"

There was something I wanted to tell him but contemplated "Uh... weeeeeeell..."

"Oohhhh~ mystery I like it. Whatisitwhatisitwhatisitwh-"

"Dude!" I shouted and covered my red face.

"Mmmmmm Anne's gotta crush~" sprig teased.

"Sprig I thought I left the 11 year old frog back when I walked through that portal." I said gabbing him in the arm.

"Hey! You're changing the subject!"

"Ugh! It's complicated sprig..." I looked off to the side, "I don't even know... but Sasha is so beautiful and strong. She is so kind now too, and one hell of a leader. I just don't know..."

"Pff well what's complicated about that? You have the hots for Sasha and that's tha-"

"NO! No sprig that's not it."

"Well what then?" He scrunched his face in confusion.

"Well... Marcy... she's been my friend for so long. I always felt a little spark when she'd hug or smile at me if you know what I mean."

"You like both of them?" He questioned.

"Well... yeah? And I don't want them to hate me or ruin our friendship. Plus I don't want to choose one or the other."

"Then don't."

"Don't what?"

"Don't choose. Relationships don't need to be confined to two people."

"Well I guess that's true," just then a lightbulb flicked on in my head. "Marcy's polyamorous!" I think outloud.

"Oh well shoot your shot." He told me in a monotone voice and shrugged.

"I'm pretty sure it's not that simple sprig, what would you know about this anyway?" I questioned him and crossed my arms jokingly.

"More then you would think..." he mumbled and looked to the ground.

"Wait what was that?"

He hopped up and started to walk away "Oh HA! Would you look what time it is!? Hop hop has gotta be done making food by now!"

And with that he hopped out of the bunker with me chasing after him ofcourse

~ <3 ~

_______________________

Hello people.

I'm sorry this chapter is pretty uneventful but the next one will be.... weird so just don't freak out please.

Thank you so, so much reading and I really appreciate it <3

See ya later! Bye love you

♡ \\ _\\ ♡