"you can just show up."

he rolled his eyes.

"are you... complaining about not having work to do?" myunghee scoffed. "if it makes you that upset then you can come with me and shop for the food together."

"no, i don't want to spend more time with you than i have to."

she laughed. "you love me."

"you wish." he grinned and looked down at his phone that had pinged a message.

"rin!"

the three girls looked at jisung, park jisung, who was walking over to them with his eyes squinted because of the sun in his face.

"jisung, what's up?"

he placed a hand over his eyes like a sun visor to keep out the sun.

"you haven't heard from donghyuck, have you?"

she shook her head.

she'd probably be the last one to know anything about him.

"no." she turned her torso to face him. "you guys still haven't heard from him?"

he shook his head. "jeno went to his place to see if he's there. we haven't heard from him all day."

"do you reckon he got ran over?"

jisung's face fell immediately and kiya gave myunghee a slap on the arm.

"do you think-"

"no," hyerin cut him off, knowing he was the most paranoid out of all of them. "i think he's fine. he probably just felt sick."

"oh, okay. i'll... see you tomorrow?"

she nodded her head with a comforting smile. "see you tomorrow."

jisung ran off again after a quick bow.

myunghee burst into a fit of giggles. "he's so cute!"

kiya gave her a shove. "you almost frightened him to death by saying that."

"i didn't think he'd believe me!"

"jisung's an interesting kid," myunghee pointed out.

donghyuck didn't show up to his classes after lunch so whatever happened must've been serious enough for him to skip the whole day and not even tell the boys about it.

hyerin caught hold of jaemin outside the school gates and asked if there'd been an update or if jeno had found anything. she didn't know why she was worrying about his whereabouts because she was certain that if donghyuck was in her shoes he wouldn't give a fuck about her disappearance.

"he said he was home but he's very angry about something and he's not opening up to jeno about it so me and the guys are going over to see what's going on," jaemin informed.

she nodded. "you guys take care and be careful."

angry donghyuck was never a pleasant thing to witness; he was more destructive than usual.

hyerin gave jaemin a quick hug goodbye before putting earphones in her eyes and taking the way home alone today. sometimes she liked going home by herself in peace with her music and it meant she could take the time she wanted to go in and out of shops. hyerin loved her friends but doing things by yourself sometimes was also good.

she got home and it was empty as her uncle was still working until a little later so she showered and got dressed into a crop top and some loose pants. the outfit was cute so she took a mirror picture and uploaded it onto her instagram story before sitting at her desk on her laptop and looking through some dessert recipes for the picnic.

strawberries dipped in chocolate would be cute? but they'd also melt easily. she could make small finger sandwiches? it wasn't necessarily a dessert but she still wrote it down as something to make on the back of one of her school books and kept scrolling for more ideas.

a good half an hour later she had a list of about ten things she could make and two that she was definitely making so she ripped the corner of where the things had been written and folded it to put it to a side until sunday.

after doing some other stuff on her laptop, she checked her phone to see if there had been any new updates in regards to donghyuck. nothing from the guys and since she figured it wouldn't be any of her business, she let it be and went to do other things to pass the time.

she made a quick dinner for her and her uncle who had just arrived at home. they ate then went their separate rooms. since hyerin had an exciting day tomorrow, she went to sleep a little earlier then usual.

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

"what do you want to go on first? atlantis?" chenle was practically bouncing up and down in excitement and thrill.

"but someone died when they were on that ride," murmured jisung.

"that was in 2006. if you don't want to ride it then you can just say so and look after our stuff," he pointed out.

jeno eyed the rollercoaster then looked back at the young boy. "it's not that scary," he pointed out. "come on." he draped an arm over jisung's shoulders and led him into the queue with the rest of the grouo following.

jisung stayed with chenle and hyerin was with jeno towards the front.

her palms were sweaty and her stomach was doing loops just like the ones in the rollercoaster track but she would be fine.

and she was.

for forty seconds as the ride was on standby. after that, it blasted off into a cave and turned going sideways and up. hyerin was clinging onto jeno's biceps for dear life and screaming for a good fifteen seconds before she calmed down when it came to a slower speed to turn a corner but before she knew it she was clutching jeno's arm, again, when it dropped.

"that... was fun!" she squealed when they got out. "i'm sorry about your arm," she mumbled to jeno.

her prints were very visible on his arm if you lifted his sleeve but he didn't mind and just gave her his eye smile.

"how was it, jisung?" renjun questioned with a teasing smile.

"not the worst thing in the world."

an answer chenle loved to hear. "okay! the conquistador next!" and he merrily led the way.