Chapter Eighteen, Memories

Start from the beginning

I growled, trying to pull myself up. My legs felt shaky, like I wasn't standing on anything. I pulled myself together slightly, readying myself for a fight.

I couldn't let them win.

I summoned my weapons, quickly throwing them at the corrupt.

The corrupt froze, their expression dropping. They reached up, touching the new wound. Blood dripped to the floor, staining it. Worry stretched across their face before they looked up at me.

They grinned.

I froze, fear pounding in my chest. I backed up as much as I could, the corrupt approaching quicker.

Their smile... was familiar.

I couldn't put my finger on it, and I didn't want to.

I don't wanna die...

I felt my legs get weak, everything slowly feeling hazy, unreal.

The corrupt stepped closer, their smile growing the closer they got. I backed up into the wall, fear coiling around me as they got face to face with me. Their features blurry as whatever they injected into me kicked in. I tried to hold my balance as they kept me there. Their smile grew as they grabbed me, their hand resting under my chin, forcing me to look at them. Their smile was strangely comforting.

Then, they pushed me to the floor, not even really having to try.

As I laid there, they pulled out the needle that was lodged in my side, its tip was blue, glowing slightly in the dark.

I felt myself slowly slip away, the corrupt smiling happily to itself.

Everything became a blur, dark and empty.

<><><>

My eyes fluttered open as I quickly pulled myself up, my panicked breath lingering in the air. I looked around frantically, my eyes adjusting to the new surroundings. As I looked around, my heart slowed, I remember this place....

F/N's home...

I looked around, my eyes darting to everything. The home was destroyed, ravaged. It hadn't changed from the last time I saw it.

I pulled myself up off of the ground, pieces of broken glass falling from me as I stood, my legs shaking a little.

I looked around, standing in the emptiness. Sunlight shone in my eyes, peeking in through the broken window. I turned my attention to it, my gaze now turned to the street outside.

The sky was blue, peaceful. No sign of the corruption.

Was it all a bad dream?

I looked back to the home again, time standing still. I faintly heard something, it sounded like crying.

I went up to the stairwell, looking up into the second floor. The sounds became louder as I got closer to the source. I carefully ascended the stairs, each step creaking softly. I eventually got to the top, the hallway leading to each room felt longer, much longer than it was before.

I slowly walked down it, going up to the only door I really ever went into.

F/N's.

I carefully opened the door, trying to be as quiet as possible. On the floor laid a broken photo of me and them, the two of us happy. I looked past the photo to see F/N, their form curled up, facing away from the door.

I stepped inside, approaching them carefully, trying not to scare them.

I got down, lightly touching their shoulder.