14

"hey! ar-" elmer starts. we jump away from each other and he continues, "-rrre you guys coming?" he asks prettending he didn't see anything.

"yep, we're coming." matt recovers quickly and brushes by elmer, going out to the hot tub.

matt steps in, taking a seat between madi and chris. when i go to get in josh makes space for me to sit beside him. ugh.

"i feel like we should play some stupid game like spin the bottle or two truths and a lie." says chris.

"spin the bottle!" josh cheers. "no!" nick counters, "besides we are in a hot tub and i don't think anyone wants to get out."

"yeah, it's freezing." matt adds, sinking lower into the warm water.

chris starts playing with buttons and makes the jets turn on. "two truths and a lie, never have i ever." he offers.

"never have i ever." a few people say. honestly this game is so stupid. all it does is expose how far people have gone sexually.

"okay, we can start with me and go this way," chris says motioning to his right.

"never have i ever.... played never have i ever in a hot tub." he says with a shrug. we all laugh a little and i wrack my brain to try and remember if i have before. i don't think i have. i look around and see madi is the only one with her finger down.

elmer is next and taps his chin in thought. "never have i ever kissed a guy." we laugh and nick and madi both put a finger down. chris starts to put a finger down and everyone looks at him before he says, "just kidding." then he looks at matt and matt rolls his eyes.

it's my turn next and i go blank, "uhhhh," i try to think, "never have i ever...." "never have i ever got high." everyone ouuu's at my confession. i look beside me and see elmer and josh have both put down their fingers. i look at the triplets and madi and they haven't put down a finger. except matt. MATT PUT A FINGER DOWN?!

"matt! you've been high before?!" i ask in shock. how did i not know this?

"what? i'm not that innocent." matt responds.

nick and chris look like they already knew.

"so what did you smoke?" i need all the details.

"nah, i snorted." matt says nonchalantly. my jaw drops. "i'm just kidding," he says, "i just smoked weed."

"and that shit stunk." nick said disgusted.

"okay. i'll ask you more about it later." i warn matt, letting josh have his turn.

"never have i ever got kinky. like, i've went all the way... but never with kinks."

"GROSS! seriously, do we have to make it dirty?" nick exasperates.

"it will be boring if we don't make it a little dirty." says josh.

nobody put a finger down.

"wow. we are so lame." josh chuckles.

we continue playing the game and i start to notice i am the one with the most fingers left.

"aw, your so innocent." josh says in low voice to me, placing his hand on my thigh.

i scoot away from him but he doesn't move his hand. shit.

his hand starts to move up and that's when i finally grab his wrist and push him away.

i look up and matt is staring at us intensely. god, i hope he saw. i hope he beets the shit out of him. but that's not very realistic. why am i having petty fantasies of matt fighting his own friend to protect me. that's just pathetic.

i make eye contact with matt and he holds my gaze for a while, them looks away.
i just wanted to be with matt.

the game ends and i win with the most fingers left. elmer is the first to get out.

it is about 11pm when we all decide to get out.

the cold night air engulfs me as i stand and get out of the hot tub. i shiver as i retrieve my towel.

i go to stand by matt who is rapping himself in his towel as well. his hair looks so good wet.

"it's freezing." i whisper to him and he nods in agreement.

we all go upstairs to change clothes, some of us take showers. both of the showers are occupied. i wait on the couch watching tiktok for one to become vacant.

the bathroom door in the living room opens and i grab my things and stand to go over and catch it before anyone else can. though, everyone else is in their rooms.

matt comes through the door with only a towel around his waist. surprise makes me jump back a little. "oh! h-hey, matt." i stutter awkwardly.

he blushes a little and looks down, "hey. sorry, i'll get out of your way."

no. i'm not missing another opportunity to have him alone again.

butterflies erupt in my stomach at what i'm about to do. i catch his arm, stopping him from leaving. i pull him back to the door frame and ask him in a quiet voice so no one else can here, "can i kiss you?"

he looks pleasantly surprised as he nods, speechless. i lean in and he catches my lips with his. i place a hand at the nap of his neck and he pulls me closer by the waste as we deepen the kiss.

we pull apart and i come to my senses that someone might see us, so i pull him into the bathroom with me.

i shut and lock the door behind us and matt laughs, "am i going to get taken advantage of?"

"no," i say, laughing too. he sits on the closed toilet seat and i step over to him,"i just want a moment with just you."

he blushes and i lean in to lightly kiss the damp skin on his jaw. i pull away to look at him. his cheeks are flushed.

"do it more," he mumbles, looking up at me making my heart race.

i start to kiss his face all over. he pulls my legs so i will sit on his lap.

my hands wander his wet shoulders and arms. i kiss down to his neck and he lets out a small sound of pleasure. that's when i know we've gone too far. as bad as i want to hear it again and give him what he wants, i know we can't. people might start coming out into the living room. some might be already.

pulling away, i whisper to him, "we have to stop. people might hear."

i get off his lap and look away when i notice his towel is a bit disarranged.

he stands up, fixing it and turns to the door. he looks back at me, "thanks."

i give him one last kiss on the lips before he slips through the door.