"Mystery boy?" She slides into the seat at the head of the table. Seems like we have the reoccurring theme of eavesdropping today. Fun.

Ironic actually considering that my ability is literally eavesdropping.

"I wish," I say. It would be great to have someone to run off to in the middle of the night. To have someone that would be able to help me forget, even if it is for only a few minutes, hours, or anything. But at Omega Point, that is near impossible. And I'm too close with half the people here that it would only make things awkward.

"Anyways... it's the patrols for me. Every goddamn night." Winston's hands ball into fists on the table. "Something is going on and it's getting intense out there. Are so many soldiers just walking around? What the hell are they doing? I have to actually be awake the whole time—"

"What are you talking about?" Juliette is suddenly more interested. Leaning forward in her seat, eyes bright.

"The patrols?" Brendan waves a hand around as if he's brushing the subject off as something not as important as it is. "Oh, it's just, we work in shifts, right? In pairs—take turns keeping watch at night. Most of the time it's no problem, just routine, nothing too serious."

But it's been more serious lately?

Winston starts talking now. "But it's been weird lately. It's like they're really searching for us now. Like it's not just some crazy theory anymore. They know we're a real threat and it's like they actually have a clue where we are. But that's impossible."

"Is it really that impossible? I mean- it's surprising that we lasted this long under their noses, how long did we think it would last?" I butt into the conversation and all heads turn to me as if I just said that I read all their minds and figured out all their dirty secrets.

"Way to kill a conversation," Brendan comments and I shoot a glare his way.

It's still too early for this.

"Don't tell me I'm wrong," I mutter.

"Well, whatever it is, it's starting to freak me out. There are soldiers all over the place, way too close to where we are. We see them on camera," Winston takes a breath. "And the weirdest part is that Warner is always with them. Every single night. Walking around, issuing orders I can't hear. And his arm is still injured. He walks around with it in a sling."

Juliette's voice in her head gets louder, He's looking for me. Juliette's voice rings out in my head.

My head jerks in her direction.

That was so loud. Like she was yelling, loud. I couldn't push it back, I couldn't hold back. It was by accident. I didn't mean to. It wasn't on purpose.

A foot kicks mine under the table. Winston's foot. I move my eyes from Juliette's to Winton's who wears a sympathetic look.

Juliette, Brendan, and Addie talk at the other end of the table. All too tired or caught up in the conversation to notice my weird antics.

"What?" I ask him, faking my oblivion.

"You heard something didn't you?"

"No," I say quickly. Too quickly.

"What did you hear?"

"It was by accident okay?" I whisper, leaning in slightly so he can hear me.

Winston leans in. "What. Did. You. Hear."

"It wasn't you, idiot if that's what you're so worried about."

He kicks my shin this time. "Ow!" I whisper yell, pulling back on instinct.