Chapter 9

"Jasper? Is that you?" Benedict asked once all the captives below deck on the Air Mando.

"Yes. After escaping the Star Sailor, I came across the Night Wind, captained by Meg, who is an old friend of mine, and her cousin Annie. We ultimately ended up on the same island you did while looking for protection from the storm. I was going to try and rescue you, but Captain Moncilia kidnapped me when I was searching the Air Mando," Jasper said.

"Wait, where is Caden?" Charles panicked after noticing that his brother was not in the group as the Air Mando sailed away from Annaton Island.

"I overheard some of the pirates saying that they were unable to find him, and they decided to leave him on Annaton Island," Benedict pointed out.

"You mean that Caden is alone on Annaton Island with no way to survive or escape?"

"Well, seeing that they are not here, Meg and Annie are most likely still there as well," Jasper realized. "The Night Wind is also there, so the three of them will be able to leave with no problems."

...

"He was just beginning to tell me how he became a member of Captain Moncilia's ship before you knocked him out," Caden recapped as Meg steered the Night Wind's wheel to follow the Air Mando.

"Well, I am grateful that you are not hurt," Annie replied.

"I have been trying to come up with an idea as to how to get onto the Air Mando without being caught and I was thinking-" Meg began.

However, Meg stopped explaining her idea after hearing footsteps on the ship. Meg left the wheel and walked onto the deck to realize that the Air Mando had stopped, and its crew members were invading their boat!

"So here is the man we left behind on Annaton Island," Captain Moncilia said.

"Not again!" Caden cried out in annoyance.

"You must be the great Captain Moncilia that everyone has been talking about," Meg realized as the pirate captain approached her.

"Indeed, I am, Young Lady," Captain Moncilia replied before giving her a confident smile.

"And you shall not take any of us captive," Caden added defensively as he shielded his fiancee from the pirates.

"There is nothing to fear. You have been on the Air Mando once, and you can most certainly do it again. Besides, nearly all the people we take captive enjoy life with us," The Terrible said nonchalantly. The remaining crew members surrounded Caden, Annie, and Meg, and before the three could fight back, the pirates were carrying them back to the Air Mando.

...

"We have three new captives to add to your group!" Aslan announced as Chris, Joseph, and Timothy threw Meg, Annie, and Caden below deck with the rest of their friends.

"What happened to you?" Jasper asked his reunited friends after Aslan closed and locked the door.

"We were following the Air Mando and trying to be as quiet as possible. Unfortunately, the next thing we knew, Captain Moncilia and his crewmates were on the deck and captured us," Caden explained.

"What is going to happen to us now?" Meg questioned.

"They are going to put us through pirate training. If we are terrible, Captain Moncilia will most likely force us to walk the plank," Charles replied while breathing heavily.

"Any plans to escape?"

"I don't know. I will hopefully have more ideas in the morning. Good night," Caden replied, feeling a combination of annoyance and anxiety.