Chapter 166 - Lena Gone Away

Start from the beginning

"Hello, darling." Lena replies.

"I'll..... give you two a moment.... Call me when you finish the call." Kara says to Alura, before leaving the room.

Kara then heads to her bedroom, where she waits for about 10 minutes while she hears Alura and Lena having a conversation in Alura's bedroom. Kara doesn't hear the conversation because she uses any of her super hearing though, just through regular hearing. Eventually, Kara notices that Alura and Lena finish talking.

"Mommy?" Alura calls out.

"Yeah?" Kara replies, and walks out of her bedroom, where she sees Alura standing in the hallway, having obviously just left her bedroom.

"I've finished." Alura says, handing Kara back the phone.

Kara takes the phone from Alura, and she is once more dejected when she sees that the call has ended, clearly Lena hung up after she was done talking to Alura. It's another action that makes Kara's heart hurt.

"Oh... okay...." Kara says.

***********************

The next day, Sam is working at L-Corp, and today, seeing as Lena has gone off on some 'Metropolis L-Corp business thing', she is left as the one in charge of the National City office, which in turn makes her essentially basically be in charge of most of L-Corp, seeing as the National City office is the company's head office. So, because of this, Sam really has a lot to do today, which has put her under a lot of pressure and stress. In fact, when Sam found out from Alex that Lena had flown off to Metropolis, because of Kara keeping the whole Lillian thing from her, the newly engaged CFO was pretty annoyed. Sam thought that was a horrid decision for Lena to make, just running away from her problems, instead of tackling them head on. It is something that Sam knows Lena has been doing for as long as she has known her. Sam had just thought that Lena had really worked on herself, and stopped doing that, but she can now see that she is wrong.

Usually when Lena does things like this, it mostly involves her isolating herself from other people, and refusing to be disturbed, with her assistant being the only one that has any open form of communication directly to her. In times when this has happened in the past, Sam has tried to talk to Lena, but her best friend has either ignored her, or got her assistant to say that they will speak sometime soon. So, Sam knows that her trying to speak to Lena, by calling or texting her right now, is going to be met with no response at all. But with all that said, Sam is annoyed at Lena for doing this this time, because while she may be annoyed at Kara, she has a daughter to consider now. Lena can't just go running off and away from her daughter, it's not fair on Alura.

Sam is eventually disturbed by a knock on her office door.

"Come in." Sam calls out.

A few moments later, Lena's assistant, Eve, walks in the room, as Eve has been working with Sam, and her own assistant today, to help make sure everything goes smoothly.

"Hey, Eve." Sam says, with a slight smile, "Is there something that I'm missing, or need to know?"

"No. I just thought I would let you know that your fiancé is here." Eve explains, "I'm sure you usually have some protocol as to how to go about doing this with your own assistant, but today we both agreed to take our lunch breaks on separate hours to make sure you have at least one of us available at all times. Your assistant is taking her lunch break now."

"Oh.... yeah...." Sam nods, "Thank you. Usually I just tell her to send Alex right in."

"Okay. I'll tell Miss Danvers to come into your office." Eve smiles.

Even then makes a move to leave Sam's office.

"Eve?" Sam calls out.

"Yes, Miss Arias?" Eve replies.