"Isn't he supposed to be the best high school football player in the state? There's no way he's getting outran by me and you." I said to Felicia downplaying my athleticism. "But anyways, yes. Yes I am going to leave you with him. I have no idea why you think I'd have any interest in teaming with you in the first place."

"Why wouldn't you want to team with me? Every other parasite in this school would kill for the chance."

"And I would rather die."

"Did you two bang or something last night?" Laura asked.

"What!?" Felicia and I shouted at the same time.

"Why would you think that?" I asked her.

"You two smell extremely similar and this feels like a thing where you felt it was a one time thing and she's thinking other wise." Laura said.

"Where did you even come from you little freak!?" Felicia shouted in disgust. Meanwhile I sniffed my armpit to see if I really did smell. "To answer your question, no we didn't sleep with each other!"

"Now don't sound all offended like you weren't just kissing my ass to be my gym partner." I said feigning offense.

"At least try to convince Howerton to let us be a three person group."

"Why? Why would I try any of this?"

"As a favor to me." Felicia said batting her eyelashes.

"I don't even do favors for my friends let alone someone like you." I told her.

"I'm going to try not to take offense to the 'someone like you' and instead say then how about you help a girl out since I know you won't constantly be hitting on me all class?" Felicia asked.

"Didn't think you cared about stuff like that. In fact, I thought you actually liked it."

"It gets exhausting." She simply said. I rolled my eyes before calling out "Yo, Howerton! Is it fine if Hardy joins up with me and Laura!?"

"What? Yeah, whatever, I don't give a shit." He said looking up for a split second and throwing his hand up in dismissal.

"You're deceptively athletic." Felicia said as I walked along the balance beam with ease.

"And I like it that way. Don't tell anyone." I told her.

"Why not? Could make you seem cooler to some people."

"I don't need to look cooler. I want to be as far away from 98% of the people at this school as possible. It's a bunch of stuck up assholes and ass kissers and snakes."

"Amen to that." Felicia said looking around the room before she got on the balance beam.

"So, Laura, how's New York treating you?" I asked Laura no longer really wanting to conversate with Hardy. I feel like I've barely talked to Laura since she's been here and I wanted to take this time to get to know her more. Only problem is now I can't talk about mutant stuff with her with Felicia around.

"Better than most places I've been. I've only had to scratch up one person's face since I've been here."

"That'll change." Felicia said. "Always gotta keep your claws sharpened with the freaks that come out at night."

"I don't really have worry about sharpening them." Laura said and we shared a smirk thinking about the double meaning. "You're handling yourself really well for someone who's stomach is killing them."

"It's more an annoyance than a hinderance but I didn't feel like getting ogled at by the dorks in this class. It's gonna take more than a fight with some freaks and geeks to keep me down."

"You were in a fight last night?" I asked in slight shock.

"And won." She said smirking down at me.

"I didn't think you had it in you, Felicia Hardy. I'm impressed."

"There's a lot you don't know about me. Maybe it wouldn't kill you to learn some more."

"Why are you so determined to hang out with me?"

"How about you hang out with me and find out?"

"If it means hanging around your other buddies? Nah."

"So I've made progress. It's no longer you'd rather die, it just has to be one on one. If I didn't know any better I'd say you were trying to get a date out of it."

"I'd rather get hit /////////with a car."

"And there it is." Felicia said before I listened to my Spidey Sense and dodged a medicine ball someone threw at me. I moved backwards, kinda like a Matrix lean except I touched the floor with my hand, but my back didn't like it. I fell to the ground holding my side. I heard the usual suspects of Flash and the football team laughing. "Hey! What's your problem dick bags!?" Felicia shouted defending me? Causing the group to stop laughing.

"Are you okay?" Laura asked kneeling down next to me.

"No! I think we established earlier I might have a broken rib and my back and neck hurt like hell!" I reiterated to her.

"Alright, which of you idiots just launched a medicine ball into Buffet!?" Howerton shouted standing up. I then noticed that instead of hitting me it nailed his boom box. Everyone looked at Flash. "Thompson, you've got detention and a Saturday academy! That's what you get you savage! You idiot! You savage idiot!" He said before blowing his whistle. Laura helped me up to my feet and I saw Flash giving me a death stare.

"(L,N), you're dead meat! It's your fault I got detention!" He said walking towards us.

"Maybe don't throw a fucking medicine ball!? I'm pretty sure that could've fucking killed me! How did you even throw a medicine ball!?"

"I'm gonna-"

"Apologize." Laura finished his sentence for him. "You're going to apologize or I make you wish you could remember what it's like to eat solid foods."

"Listen, little lady. You don't scare me."

"That's what I'm counting on, because I've been itching to smash someone's face in since I got here and you're giving me the perfect excuse." Laura only went up to his chest and was a head shorter than me but Flash could feel the intimidating aura surrounding her. But he had a reputation to keep up so he tried to act tough.

"F-fine. I ain't afraid to hit a girl. I'll wipe the floor with you and then I'll-"

"Apologize." Felicia then said which caught everyone by surprise. Felicia didn't add anything afterwards, just stood there with an indifferent expression with her arms folded.

"Felicia, what are you doing sticking up for this nerd?" Flash asked. "This is totally not cool."

"Do I look like Betty Brant?" She responded. I feel like this burn is implying something I can't put my finger on. "Just apologize to the guy and we'll pretend this never happened. Or Harry and I could leave you to do the history project by yourself. I don't care about the grade and I'm sure Harry wouldn't like to find out you almost severely injured one of his-" She looked over to me. "Closest friends?"

"I'd say pal making his way to friend."

"Close enough." She said turning back to Flash. The tension felt palpable and the whole room stared at the four of us.

"...Whatever, my bad, (L,N)."

"Go fuck yourself." I said with a smirk. He cocked his fist back but I didn't feel my sense go off as Felicia said "That's his way of saying thank you." She looked back at me and smiled.

"Alright, bench time." Laura said as we started to walk away. Well, Laura walked, I got carried.

"Shouldn't we go to the nurse's office?"

"Did you forget what Rogue did this morning?"

"Fair point." I said before I looked over at Felicia.

"...Thanks, Felicia."