Chapter 5: First Date

"I have absolutely nothing to wear!" Susan Bones screamed in frustration at her closet. It was Saturday morning and in only fifteen minutes Theodore Nott would come pick her up. Hannah Abbott looked at Susan from her bed.

"Nonsense, you have loads of cute outfits," she tried to help.

Her friend was missing the point. Susan didn't want to look cute on this date. She wanted to look like a girl who would actually date a Slytherin bad boy. She wanted to look like the exciting girl Seamus Finnigan was dreaming of. Only now she realized nothing in her closet worked for that.

"I'm going out with a Slytherin. Cute will not work," she said while throwing a few pieces on her bed she could maybe work with.

Hannah stood up to inspect the options on the bed. "Susan, you just have to be yourself. If he doesn't like that, he shouldn't date you. Simple as that." Susan grumbled as a reply.

"What about this?" her best friend said. Susan turned around. Hannah was holding up a pair of jeans and Susan's yellow sunflower sweatshirt.

"That's not exactly what I had in mind," she said. "It's not edgy at all."

"Maybe not, but it is very you and I know you feel comfortable and confident in this piece and that's what's most important on a date. I think you should wear it."

Susan hesitated but when she threw a glance at the clock she sighed and took the clothes from her friend. She quickly changed.

(this is Susan's outfit)

"I should have put on some make-up," Susan said while checking herself in the mirror.

"You never wear make-up," Hannah replied and she grabbed Susan by the wrist and pulled her out of their dorm. "Just go have fun and don't be so nervous!"

"Okay okay," Susan laughed while twisting her hair around her fingers. "Will you be okay today?"

"Of course," her friend replied impatiently. "I'm just going to have a few Butterbeers with the boys. We will be fine. And we will all want to hear how your date went at the end of the day," she winked.

Susan waved her friend goodbye and left the common room.

___________________________________

Theodore Nott was waiting outside of the Hufflepuff common room, pacing back and forth with his hands in his pockets.

"Hi."

He turned around. Susan was standing in front of him in a yellow sweatshirt and cute yellow boots. She had her hair up in a ponytail. She looked very cheerful. He smiled at her.