Little Angel

Little Angel

Athena POV 

"You coming to tonight's party?" Marlene asked me and I laughed softly "Mar, it's in the Gryffindor's Common Room, I'm a Gryffindor" she grinned and replied with a "So?" I grumbled softly at the fact she ruffled my hair.

"Of course, I'm going"

"I love you, Malfoy" she ruffled my hair again. Marlene was an amazing friend and she was Lily's best friend. Lily Evans and I don't really get along, mostly because she cheated on James and that led to other altercations.

I will admit, she was drunk so it wasn't her absolute fault, but still, she did it. Being drunk isn't really an excuse. However, I don't hate Lily, we just don't talk anymore. After all, that went down, James and her fighting in front of the whole Gryffindor house and James dumping her, well things just weren't the same.

The fact that after they argued James turned to walk away and she decided that it was a great idea to throw a heavy book at the back of James's head causing him to fall face-first into the ground...that was just a low blow. She did that while he had his back to her, there's nothing more cowardly and stupid than assaulting someone that has their back to you.

She threw him that book and he ended up in the hospital wing, his nose was broken from the impact with the ground. The little friendship that Lily and I had begun to nurture was gone in an instant. Not that I ever cared enough to nurture it, she was James's girlfriend and my jealousy when they were together was incontrolable, to the point I would actively avoid them when they were together. My jealousy used to reel it's ugly head at the mere sight of them simply standing together. It felt like a nauseating, cold, and calculated rage, it was in equal parts painful and annoying. Either way, the feeling appeared to be mutual, Lily was extremely jealous of me and she used to throw huge tantrums every time James hugged me, ruffled my hair, or every time he interacted with me really.

Stop rambling, Athena.

The point is that, even though I never spoke to Lily Evans any more, Marlene McKinnon still spoke to me, Marlene is a fireball, much like James but very similar to Sirius. However, she's the closest thing to a girl best friend that I have. She spends time with me regularly. If I'm not with the boys, I'm with Marlene McKinnon, Xenophilius Lovegood, Frank Longbottom, and his fiancé, Alice. They're the only ones who accept me, even though I am a Malfoy and my family's reputation precedes me.

On that note, I think that it's cute that Frank proposed to Alice, yes we're young but still...if they're sure of their love, I think it's very romantic. Both of them are very kind, and selfless...I wonder what their children would be like, I'm sure they'd be amazing.

On the other hand, Xenophilius Lovegood is a quirky man, but there's immeasurable beauty in his quirkiness. He's a brilliant wizard and an observant friend, I do not doubt that Xenophilius will do great things in the future.

"Earth to Malfoy" Marlene pushed me softly with her shoulder and I focused on her "Yes?" She rolled her eyes at my question "What're you going to wear for the party?" She asked again and I hummed "Perhaps a dress?"

"I think you should wear that little black dress that I gave you for your birthday" she winked at me, cheeky girl. "I'm not trying to get shagged, Mar" I scoffed at her and she giggled with childlike glee "No but I am trying to get YOU shagged" she shot back and I shook my head in disbelief, a chuckle escaping me.

"Who's trynna get who shagged?" Sirius plopped down in the armchair next to us. "I'm trying to get Malfoy shagged" Marlene blurted out while glaring intensely at Sirius, what's up with these two?