Versus the Monster Inside - Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Hell yeah!" I yelled.

"I would high five to," Mark says, "But I'm up here."

"No one cares Mark." I added. "We just took out Grey!"

—————

"Aww man this is weird." Veracity says after the battle. The ooze had disappeared through the sewers, leaving behind just Grey. Although she just laid in the middle of the street, not moving. "She has been purged of ooze completely but I'm barely reading any vitals."

"So she's not made of ooze like Traeger." Ryan asks. .

"Ha, no." Spyder says. "She is clearly made of bad life decisions."

"Is, that what we're going to do Harris?" Mark asks.

"If it's the only way to tap save the world?" Ryan says not taking his eyes off of her. "Then we'll do what we have to do."

—————

We brought Grey inside, up to the Med-Bay, so Veracity could get a better look at what could potentially happen to Harris. 

"I have no idea what those things on Grey's neck are," She says referring to the almost holes in her neck. "But her body's okay. Theres just no brain activity."

"Well in that case," Spyder says reaching for the blades that are strapped to her back. "Dibs on her knifey things."

"Maybe you should just put that down." Mark suggests. 

"Guys come on, I'm the weapons guy!" Spyder says. "You don't think I can handle," Thats when the knife slipped right of his hand, and stuck into his foot.

"So it's in your foot now?" Ryan says.

"She's got another one if you want a matching pair?"  Veracity suggests holding up the second one. 

"Come on dingus I'll patch you up." Mark says helping Spyder out of the room while I was still laughing to myself. 

"V I know thats your man, but I'm sorry I saw that coming from a mile away." I laughed. 

"What?" 

"Nothing!"

"Okay ignoring that." Veracity says. "It's strange, it seems these marks on Greys neck, could maybe be ooze tendrils connected to her brain."

"Ow my foot!" We heard Spyder scream from the other room. 

"I thought Grey and Harris transformed into the monsters, like the Hulk," Ryans says. "Yeah all I can think of is the Hulk."

"What if she created the monster around her body?" Veracity suggests. "Like maybe she had the ooze tendrils connected to her brain, so she could pilot the monster."

"Like how Harper plotted his beast?" I added. 

"Exactly."

"So you're saying Harris, human Harris is inside the shark monster?" Ryan asked. "But if we free him, the monster dies, and we can end the fight without,"

"Turning him into that."

"See if you can figure out a way to get him out." Ryan says. "According to the news feeds, Harris is spreading the bloom over Shanghai."

—————

"Dude we're flying shouldn't you be on the control pad?" Mark asks while Ryan enters the lab where all of us met up. "Or at least looking out the visor to make sure we don't hit anything?"

"I'm powerful enough to fly this thing from anywhere." He responds.

"Wow, okay show off." I laughed. 

"So we figured out how to kill to birds with one stone." Mark explains. 

"Have you ever actually tried to do that?" Spyder asks

"Spyder, not now." Veracity says to keep us on task. "Harris is essentially the monsters heart. So if we can get in their, rescue him. No more heart, no more monster. We can get Harris back. This is the most powerful tranquilizer that I can make." She explains holding up a silver dart. "Just one dose is enough to knock him out for a few minutes. Hopefully without any permanent damage."

"And one of us is supposed to go inside the monster to get Harris out." Spyder says. "Thats crazy. And I wanna do it."

"You do live for crazy." Veracity says about to hand him the dart. 

"No." Mark says suddenly. "I'll do it. I'm the reason he's in there. It's up to me to get him out. I just need a minute to gear up." Spyder and Veracity slowly left the room, I gave Ryan one last glance before following them out, leaving him to talk to his brother. 

I waited outside med-bay, mainly when I saw Spyder and Veracity standing together standing in the X-deck. They walked oof together just before the lab door opened, and only Ryan walked out.

"I can't believe I just did that." He says walking right past me.

"Why? What happened?" I asked following him down the hallway.

"I basically just gave my brother permission to kill my best friend if it comes down to it." He answers. "I told Mark that is something goes wrong and he can't get Harris out, he has to use three darts on Harris."

"Wow. Are you serious." I ask, he doesn't do anything but nod.

"I had to. What other choice did I have?" He says.

"I get it." I respond. "That couldn't have been easy though."

"Was that the right thing to do?" He asks. 

"I think it depends on who you're asking, but I definitely think Harris would agree with you." I answered. "If it helps anymore, I think you made the right choice."

"Thanks D."

————

"Can the robot locate Jackie Chan?" Spyder asks as we fly over Shanghai. "I want to know the best way to fall of a roof." 

"The best way to fall of a roof, would be to not fall of a roof!" Veracity answers.

"Where is he?" Ryan asks once the robot lands. 

"Behind you! Behind you!" I yelled after reading the scans on one of Veracity's computers. He jumped the robot out of the way saying, 

"Okay, lets see if this robot first is as good as Harper thinks. Mark you good to go?"

"Ready!" Mark answers over the mech-links. "All systems online." We then could barely make out an automated voice in the background. "You know he build this as his personal escape pod right?"

"Yeah? I got a better use for it." His brother answers firing the fist of the robot into the chest of Harris's monster. "Mark you okay in there?" 

"I'm in a tiny  cockpit, in a giant robot hand, you shot into a monster. Pretty far from okay." Mark answers. "I'm going in."