Versus the Betrayal - Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Where'd you get that?" I asked. 

"My foot." He answered obviously. 

"We need to get something to cure Harris, but someone needs to stay here and watch over him." Ryan explains to get us back on track. 

"I'll do it." Mark volunteers. 

"That makes sense, you have the most experience with monster Harris anyway." Ryan agrees before turning his gaze to me. 

"Let me guess, you don't want me to come?" I asked. 

"No, yeah kinda of." He answers. "Okay it's not like that, you getting recognized in a hospital is not exactly something we need right now."

"Its okay really, I'm super behind on a bunch of stuff. Pictures and videos to edit, emails to read." I responded. "Mark and I will chill here with Harris. Just be safe."

"Always." He smiles and hugs me. "Spyder lets go." The two of them walked to the elevator to meet Veracity outside, and I walked down a hallway to grab my laptop to work on some things, Mark following me.

"Hey I wanted to ask you something." He says.

"What ever it is, it's probably no." I answered. "Ask away though."

"I have this idea with the whole Harris thing, but I think if I brought it up to Ryan he'd shut me down, but I think coming from you he might at least consider it." He explains. "I think we should use Harris as bait, somehow we let him go and we track him back to where Traeger is."

"Mark I don't think thats a good idea." I said honestly. "I see your point, we don't know where Traeger is, but curing Harris is a big plus for us, and I still think we can find them without sending Harris back to the enemy. And I don't think even coming from me that would work."

"Come on can we at least try?" He pleaded. 

"I'm not advocating for an idea I don't really support." I said grabbing my laptop from a table. "I'm sorry but I still think if we cure Harris, he's going to be a big help in finding Traeger, we don't need to risk his safety."

—————

Mark and I had be sitting silently in the X-deck for a while when my heart dropped when my laptop went black and showed the battery symbol telling me it was dead. I got up from my chair running back to the room we we're in before looking for my charger, which is where I thought I left it.

"Mark have you seen my charger!" I yelled back towards the other room. 

"No not recently." He answered as I came back to the X-deck. 

"Okay, would you be okay here for like 20 minutes by yourself?" I asked. "If my charger isn't here its probably still at my house?"

"Yeah I'll be fine." He says. "Go ahead, I'll hold down the fort."

"Thanks Mark."

—————

(Ryans POV)

After stealing the enzyme from the hospital, Spyder, Veracity and I made it back to the robot.

"Hey guys we got the cure!" I said as we came out of the elevator into the X-deck, where Harris was supposed to be, but the window was busted out and Harris was gone. Not 5 seconds after we came in the room, Dakota ran in from another hallway, looking mad and confused.

"Where's Harris?" She asked.

"I don't know," I answered. "Wait where have you been?"

"My computer died and I went home to get my charger, but it wasn't there. But I just found it in Marks workshop." She says as confused as the rest of us. "I was gone for like 20 minutes all he had to do was sit there, It shouldn't have taken two of us to watch him."

"Hey honey." My mom says coming into the room from another hallway.

"Mom?" I asked. "What are you doing here?"

"Mark asked me to come, to help with your plan." She explains. "Oh and just restocked your fridge with healthy stuff and threw away the stuff that you like."

"What plan?" I asked.

"Ryan!" Marks voice whispered through the mech-links, "I know you're going to be peeved when you learn what I did, but I was right! I found Traeger and there's more-" He was cut off by another voice saying.

"Not for you there isn't."

—————

(Dakotas POV)

Grace left the robot while Veracity began to track where Marks message came from while Ryan piloted the robot down the side of a river.

"Okay, we are closing in on where Marks message came from." Veracity says from Harris's station.

"I still can't believe Mark did this." Ryan said in between jumps. "Alright lets take them out." 

"Wait, wa- wait!" Veracity yells. "I'm picking up on Marks car flying directly at that mountain. And Marks inside!" Ryan turned his attention away from the 'bad guys' running away to catch his brothers car just before it crashed into the mountain.

"Nice snag." Spyder says. "Don't spike the ball."

—————

The four of us waited tensely for Mark in X-deck. Ryan stood in the middle of the room, while Spyder, Veracity and I waited on the couch. All of us knew this wasn't going to end well. 

"Whooo, nice save bro!" Mark says walking out of the elevator, his expression drained as he read the room. "Okay, I had to call an audible, but I managed to get some new info. Harpers working with Traeger to create something called the red bloom."

"Mark we lost Harris because of you."

"They're headed to one of Harpers greenhouses in Brazil-"

"Mark! You told be you'd make sure that Harris didn't escape." Ryan cut of his brother. "Then you helped him do it. I can't believe you lied, right to my face! I can't believe you put our friend in danger."

"We had to find where Traeger was." Mark says and side eyed me. "And I knew you wouldn't listen Ryan. Neither of you did."

"Don't bring me into this." I said from the couch.

"What do you mean?" Ryan asks confused. 

"Well I thought maybe she could convince you to go with the idea." Mark explains. 

"But when I didn't you went behind my back also and did it anyway?" I asked in response.

"You know, I put my own life in danger to?" Mark defends.

"And delivered Harris right to the enemy." Ryan said back. "We got the cure, if Harris was still here, he'd be fine by now."

"And we can still do that, but what good is curing Harris, if Traeger completely destroys the world?" 

"Mark sorry." Spyder jumps in. "Why don't we just leave it at that and move on."

"Don't put words in my mouth, I'm not sorry." Mark says. "I used Harris and I'd do it again. It didn't work out perfectly, but we got the information we need to take down these guys once and for all. We're not going to win always playing defense!"

"Thats not your problem anymore." Ryan says coldly. 

"What?"

"I wont work with someone, I can't trust." Ryan answered turning back to his brother. "You're off the team."

A/N - Whoaaaaaaa. When's the last time I put one episode in one part! I think it was the 'Lets Survive the Woods' episode of SEASON ONE! Just to be clear thats not the goal, but thats just how when I was planning the episode, I didn't need to write a whole lot.

LOVE YALL

-Addy😘✌️