Versus the Wolves at the Door - Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Probably a better way to put that." Veracity responded. "Scrooge McDeath could have let us freeze out there, so maybe we should at least listen to him?"

"I like her good addition to the team. Is she replacing Spyder?" Harper asked. "Listen,Grey and that red thing held me prisoner. Nobody does that to Seth Harper."

"So this about revenge?" Harris asked.

"Aren't most things." Harper confirmed. "And I can't beat them on my own, and clearly you can't either, so we have to work together." None of us said anything as I held the wrist with two mech-links in my hand. "Look it's is freezing cold out there, if Ryan is alive, you need my help to find him."

"No way."

"Not happening."

"I'm in." I said taking a step toward Harper.

"Kota what are you doing?" Spyder asked.

"He's right, I know Ryan wouldn't go down that easy, you all know that to, and I'm not going to sit in here with the chance that he could still be alive out there, I'll work with any one. Even him." I explained. "I'd like to not have to do it alone?"

"I'm coming to." Mark said.

"Because I am the only game in....."

"Dogsledding!"

"I hate you." Harper said to Spyder.

—————

Harper set up Veracity on his computers with his own scanning systems, 

"Our pod landed some where around here." Veracity says looking at the two computers, smacking Spyder's hand off her keyboard. "Which probably means that the robot is somewhere around here."

"I don't see any sign of the giant ocean of red ooze." Harris said from another monitor. "Traeger must have figured out how to move it."

"Thank you, Morris, That'll be all." Harper said taking a coffee off of his drone robot.

"You name your drone after your henchman?" Spyder asked.

"Oh, I name all my henchman Morris." Spyder explains. "Just in case they you know." He then proceeded to 'cut' of his head with one hand.

"Boss of the year." Veracity said getting back to work.

"Oh, that reminds me, you and Harris both owe me final versions of your Harper Grant Projects." Harper told the both of them.

"Nope." Veracity quickly refused.

"I'll email it to you later." Harris smiled.

"My man!" Harper cheered.

"You suck Harris." I said standing behind Veracity.

"Look! There!" Mark says pointing to something on Harpers screen. I ran over to look to, and just as we hoped it was both the top and bottoms half's of the robot that Traeger had ripped apart and thrown across the snow.

"No heat signatures." Harris said.

"Are you saying you can't detect any heat from Ryan?" Mark asked. I immediately asked,

"Does that mean...."

"Don't jump to conclusions." Harper jumped in. "I'm guessing the robots hull is frozen over. My scanners can't penetrate that much ice."

"Which means Ryan could be alive in one of the other halves." Harris said.

"But doesn't that mean someone else could be alive in there?" Spyder asked.