Day 7

A/n: 

Holy shit. Finally.  
It's done. 
This is it. 
Another anticlimactic final chapter from me coz idk how to finish things 🤣

I'm going to catch up on Dabi now and start drafting All Might aaaaaand I may or may not need some sub Shigaraki in my life… or some hard dom Sesshomaru. Yum. 
Also, someone in a Discord server I'm in shared an idea of Eren cuckolding Reiner and that’s living rent free in my head too. 

Ya’ll these 2D men better start paying rent for the real estate they’re taking up. 

~ yiyi 

// 

Looking up at the house, I realise that I'm really not as badass as I'd felt after returning to the hotel last night. For a brief moment I'd thought I was marginally equipped to deal with the unconventional demands of life with Taishiro. 
Turns out I was wrong. 
My palms feel clammy juxtaposed to my dry mouth. 
I don't want to walk up the steps. I don't want the door to close behind me. 
“Dumpling?”
His voice draws me out of my thoughts. Shit, I'd gone all catatonic with anxiety again. 
Casting my eyes up, I see him watching me with concern and shoot him a small smile, trying to alleviate whatever's worrying him. “Just taking in some air,” I tell him. 
“What are you? A Victorian lady? Want to take a turn about the garden?” he teases and I snort a laugh before slamming the car door and jogging up the stairs toward him. 
His eyes are fixated on my tits. “I have a treadmill,” he says, laughing when I swat playfully at him. 
“Very altruistic of you to consider my physical fitness,” I deadpan and lean into his body. 

An arm wraps around my shoulder as he kisses the top of my head. “Only the best for you, dumpling.”
He leads me into the cool house and I gawk at how quickly everything had been straightened out. The only thing alluding to the previous day were paintings missing from the walls, everything else had been cleaned, set right, the evidence of my terror swept away and disposed of. 
I follow him into the kitchen and run to Himari the second I see her, wrapping her in the biggest hug I can muster. 
“Thank you,” I tell her, squeezing her delicate form tightly. “If you hadn't reacted so quickly...” My words trail off as a lump fills my throat. 
If Himari hadn't been there, if I hadn't joined her in the office, if her reaction time had been a second slower... I have no doubt that our bodies would have been cleaned up and discarded along with the bits of broken glass and splintered wood. 
She steps back and holds me at arms length, a smile tugging her lips. “He would have found me in the afterlife and docked my salary if anything happened to you.”

I laugh and Taishiro groans. 
“She's rubbing off on you, Himari,” he jokes, approaching the kitchen table and sitting down. He folds his hands on the worn worktop as he watches the two of us, his face turning serious. “I'm sorry, both of you for not seeing this coming.”
Himari opens her mouth to argue but he raises his hand to silence her. 
“I was arrogant enough to think that he wouldn't make a bold move like this and I was wrong. I was wrong and both of you nearly paid for my mistake.”
“We know the risks,” I tell him and he shakes his head in disagreement. 
“Did you really?” he asks and my lips twist into a wry smile. “Himari does but you... you've been walking around blind and it's my fault.”
His eyes are fixated on his clasped hands as he takes a steadying breath, like he's preparing himself to say something. 
My heart hammers against my ribs. 
If he says anything he thinks might be chivalrous, I'd hurl myself across the kitchen and strangle him. 
“Get something to eat,” he says, the change in his tone nearly giving me whiplash, “I have work to do.” He walks over to me and kisses my forehead before leaving Himari and I alone. 
For a confused minute or so, we stand in silence then I turn to her. “Is he okay?”
She shakes her head sadly. “He’s a proud man and this is humiliating for him.”