RESULTS- TEEN FICTION

The results for Teen Fiction Genre are here!

RESULTS

Autumn Finch by Snowheart19__3
●Title- 3
●Cover- 3
●Starting- 5
●Plot- 4
●Flow- 6
●Characters- 4
●Genre Relevance- 5
●Enjoyment- 3
Total- 35
Review: chapters/POV are sometimes too short. Since the story is equally about Leo too, title isn't perfectly the best but it's still brilliant because of how he keeps thinking about her. It's easy to read so the flow is alright but right when you are immersed & getting into it the scene ends (too short). Characters are fine but need more definition and personality.

Bellona by Sweet_8_Psycho
●Title- 5/5
●Cover- 3/5
●Starting- 4/10
●Plot- 9/10
●Flow- 4/10
●Characters- 8/10
●Genre relevance- 3/5
●Enjoyment- 4/5
Total- 40/60
Review: Too much is happening at the beginning and there should be more context added. Still hooks you in though. Genre would fit more of an action book. For grammar- too many commas questions less usage of capitalization (eg- "i" instead of "I"). Flow is bit messy sometimes i.e the character just tells us what they do (eg- I shower, then I eat, etc).

You're my ecstasy by Tuneofhisflute
●Title 4/5
●Cover 5/5
●Starting 10/10
●Plot 10/10
●Flow 6/10
●Characters 8/10
●Genre Relevance 5/5
●Enjoyment 5/5
Total 53/60
Firstly, an important thing about the cover- it's beautiful, simplistic and eye catching but at first when I saw it, I couldn't have imagined it to be having Indian lead characters! So that misdirects the book's theme. The starting was amazing- really hooks you in. Although have to work out the grammar. Maybe check out an editing shop to get pointers. Characters were amazing and I could connect with them easily. Keep it up!

There's Only You by HappyEndingWriter
●Cover 3/5
●Starting 10/10
●Plot 9/10
●Flow 9/10
●Characters 9/10
●Genre Relevance 5/5
●Enjoyment 5/5
Total 52.5/60
Title is slightly generic but still fits the story. Cover can be changed though (it doesn't showcase exactly how good the book is!). Starting was brilliant. A correction for the blurb- "Bella Prince and Zach Ivans have been best friends since literally the day they were born." I believe you can remove the world literally from the sentence to make it more right. Writing and Flow is great and at times feels like reading a published book. Keep it up!

The Smirk of an Oracle by strawberry1d
●Title 5/5
●Cover 5/5
●Starting 5/10
●Plot 5/10
●Flow 4/10
●Characters 4/10
●Genre Relevance 3/5
●Enjoyment 4/5
Total 35/60
Very creative Title. Cover is splendid. The writing needs a little editing work here and there for it to be it's perfect version. This was a unique idea and it is really enjoyable. Keep it up!

Fake Nerd by sparkles_shimmer
●Title 3/5
●Cover 4/5
●Starting 6/10
●Plot 6/10
●Flow 7/10
●Characters 6/10
●Genre Relevance 3/5
●Enjoyment 3.5/5
Total 38.5/60
You should add "the" in your title (i.e, " The Fake Nerd ") to make it more proper and catchier too. It is a really fun read. Everything about your writing is fine but I suggest you should do more showing than telling in you writing. Keep it up!

To Save a Broken Boy by canibuyturtleseeds
●Title 5/5
●Cover 5/5
●Starting 9/10
●Plot 10/10
●Flow 9/10
●Characters 9/10
●Genre Relevance 5/5
●Enjoyment 5/5
Total 57/60
Firstly- WOAH! I was so not expecting the book to be what it was. It really deserves great hype. There are trigger warnings to be checked though. Suggestions- lower the use of "...." in your dialogues. Sometimes they are way too much and come off as overdramatic or hard to read and understand what's going on. Also the use of italicised words can be lessened a little as well. It was a heavy read and I connected with the characters. I could feel what they were feeling. Amazing work!!

WINNERS

FIRST
To Save a Broken Boy by canibuyturtleseeds

SECOND
You're my ecstasy by Tuneofhisflute

THIRD
There's Only You by HappyEndingWriter

▪︎

Congratulations everyone!!