WHAT

oh, hello there ✋👋.

Its been awhile, and pride month is going to pass soon. (quite homophobic of me to not update this book, i know) BUT I want to give you all an update ++ my thoughts and why I haven't been updating much.

To put it simply: Wattpad sucks more than ever and Draco is... mid. (please don't kill me)

I have been using Wattpad ever since I was 10, and so, this platform has a place in my heart. This is where I first discovered fan fictions and the joy it brought me to write them. This platform was the doorway towards my interests in other forms of literature as well. Wattpad practically raised me, and that isn't very... good.

I still remember the times where there was a very active Undertale fandom here where people roleplayed as different characters and made ask books. The roleplays in my old account can only be described as "vile closeted child vomit."

Over the years, the platform has changed quite a lot and I personally do not enjoy it. The ads are practically everywhere, add to that the useless Wattpad premium which gives you colours. So thats cool, I guess. Don't get me wrong, there are also positives to these changes—such as giving writers opportunities to professionally publish their books and put it on shelves. (and giving aspiring writers so much opportunities as a whole) and I think that was the original purpose of Wattpad. To give a platform to aspiring writers who want to share their story to the world.

Having said all this, I'm torn between leaving this platform and staying. I've been here once already, and I ultimately decided to stay but now I'm confused again. Ao3 seems like a paradise compared to this, to be honest. And while my works aren't as good as the ones normally uploaded there, i mostly consume content from there now and barely open Wattpad. I think that Ao3 will also help me grow as a writer all together. I have no intention of publishing books (or turning my fanfiction into actual books... we know how most of that turns out and I'm not willing to publish my vomit to the real world  LOL.) and will only stick to writing fanfiction.

Those are just my thoughts, what do you think?

Anyway, onto the next point.

Draco Malfoy, the blonde prick. Whilst I do admit that he is attractive, I can't help but be pulled back by his attitude. I don't know how I can write a romance with him and Y/n without changing his ideologies, and some of his personality. Y/n had experienced a lot from the Dursleys, so I don't know why he'd even want to be friends with Draco after finding out his blood purist ideologies. Unless Draco somehow sees the wrongs in the ideas deeply slapped onto his stupid pastey face, I feel as if they would just be enemies.

I could've written the fanfic to be set after the series but uh... I didn't really think of that.. oops?

The only reason I hesitate to discontinue this book is because of Y/n freaking Potter. (starkid, anyone?) I was originally going to write him as a crackhead but overtime I got a bit ambitious and wanted to make parallels between him and Voldy as some of it already existed. I also wanted to play with the idea of his obsessions (Voldemort also has them) And how it affects his life at Hogwarts. The idea is that Y/n slowly poisons himself with his anger. Would he be saved by love once more? Or will he be the next noseless bastard?

I don't want to go into full detail about it, but that's basically the gist of it. I have so much character arcs in my drafts but I struggle to write the rest of the book. Writers block is hard.

I want to finish this series, but without the proper motivation I find myself stumped. What do you think? Any suggestions are very much welcome and I'd like to discuss with you all <3.

anyway, i do have a stranger things fanfic in ny drafts... it has more chapters than this book 👍👍 if you wanna see that, let me know :0