milky moon.

"The moon seems like it's been drenched in buttermilk."

I penned down the last word, with a restless sigh of relief. I looked around my room, still a feeling of 'lacuna' filled in my thoughts. Why does it feel like this?

I looked outside my window, the sky clearly showing the time, in its midnight gloom. Still, the moon shone so brightly, as if it wanted to show me something.

The moon was like milk reflecting the light of a torch, so calm yet so brilliant.
"Moon resembles grace and elegance." My mind whispers to my thoughts.

I lean on my bed, feeling moon-kissed. How had I not noticed the beauty of this so regular scenario? I realised how imprudent I have been.

I took a look at my pile of books, that's when my mother called me.
"Have you slept?" she shouted. Taking a glimpse at the moon, I answered,
"I am going to." I said.
"Fast." She commanded.

I did not want to sleep, or maybe the moon was just not letting me, as if it casted some spell of cosmic love on me.
My eyes glinted back at the moon, like exchanging some messages between the moon and themselves. I felt a calm breeze blow by my mind, slowly drifting off to sleep.

"The moon is much more magical than you deem."

[222 words]