Books and Love | Ransom Drysdale

Start from the beginning

"What? Do I have something in my face?" she asks starting to get up.
"No, I just think you pretty" I say wrapping my arms tightly around her and burying my face on her neck giving her soft kisses.

"Ransom Drysdale! I'm at work, behave" she whispers making me pout again.
"What's the pout for" she asks.
"Want to give you some love!" I whine.
"Later, I promise, now go grab a book to read or start working too" She says giving me a small kiss on the cheek and getting up, setting on the other side of the couch, grabbing the book she was reading again.

"You missed!" I whisper.
"Ransom, go" she giggles.

I ended up spending the rest of afternoon in the library, reading a little with Ophelia, at some point I ended up sitting sideways on the couch with my back to one of the arms with her between my legs and we both read one book.
My left arm resting on her stomach drawing small circles as I hold the book I was reading with the other.

"Babe, it's 5:50pm, let's go home" I say
"But i'm comfy" she whines.
"Well at our home, with food in our stomachs, comfortable clothes, a blanket and maybe some tea I think it sounds better"

When we get outside I pout again and look at her, pulling her to me once she starts walking to her car.

"Can't you leave your car here" I ask
"Ransom, I need my car for tomorrow"
"I can bring you to work, just wanna be close to you"
"Love, it's a 20 minute drive, you'll have the rest of the night for that" she says giving me a peck and walking towards her car.

Ophelia Pov

After 20 minutes we arrive at our house, parking both cars and making our way towards the front door, I open it slowly.
Once inside, Ransom takes both our coats and puts them in the hanger next to the door, taking our shoes off I make my way to the kitchen to start making food.

"Ransom" I shout knowing he's probably in our room.
I hear him running into the kitchen with a worried expression on his face.
"What?! You ok? Are you hurt???" he asks me.

"I'm fine, hun" I say giggling " We just don't have enough food to cook, we need to go to the grocery store"

"You scare me!" He says "C'mon let's go to the supermarket"

Ransom Pov

We were walking through the supermarket corridors grabbing what Ophelia put on the list, I was pushing the car as she would grab the things and put inside.

Now we were in the pasta and sauces corridor, and I was looking at my phone as she verified everything.
"Ransom" she says making me look up.
"Yes, my love" I ask smiling.
"Upsies" she pouts
"What do you mean, princess"
"They changed the sauce shelf, I need upsies"

I try to hide my laugh, she's simply adorable especially when she's sleepy.
"C'mere, princess" I say grabbing her waist and hosting her up so she can pick up the sauce.
I put her down and turn her to face me before she can go away and kiss her softly smile into the kiss when I feel her melt against my body.

"C'mon let's pay and go home" I whisper against her lips and she hums.

Once back home I change into some black sweatpants and a simply shirt, while Ophelia changed into some grey sweatpants and one of my warm brown sweater.

She's  decided to cook some Creamy Chicken Pasta for dinner, as she starts to cook I put the table and go to the attached living room to light up the fireplace and some candles.

I wrap my arms around her as she's doing the finishing touches and softly kiss her neck as she had her hair tied in a bun.
"Ranny" she giggles
"What" I mumbled still kissing her skin between her neck and shoulder.
"That tickles, you need to cut your beard"
I laugh leaving a last kiss on her cheeks.

After dinner, we just sat on the couch cover in a small blanket, like in the library I had my back to one of the arms of the couch, her between my legs, this time I was reading to her one of my books.

Since I started working as a CEO on my grandfather company that I also started publishing my own books and Ophelia always says she's my fun number 1.
I posted my first book 3 years ago, now I have 2 more books and I'm working on my 4th one and I can't wait for her to read it.

"Baby, let's take a bath" I say "it's getting late and I feel your body is all tense, you need to relax or you will not sleep"
"Okay, will you be there"
"Of course" I say putting the book down and kissing her head.

Making our way upstairs, I started to fill the tub and then light some candles as Ophelia puts coconut bath oil in the tub.
We take off our clothes and enter the warm water, Ophelia once again with her back to my chest as I draw circles on her tummy a thing I know it helps her calm and relax since we were young.

We enjoyed each other's company in silence, with soft music playing in the speakers.
Halft an hour after we decided to go to bed, getting out I wrap a towel around my waist, helping Ophelia wrap one around her.
She's so sleepy looking at me with a soft and tired smile.

Going to the closet she dresses the grey sweatpants again this time with one of my shirts, I only dress my sweatpants back, preferring to sleep shirtless.
Before we get up I grab her waist softly, music still play and I started swaying side to side with her on my arms, head resting on my chest and arms wrapped around my torso.
My cheek resting on top of her head, softly looking down I peck her head.

"I love you"
She looks up at me smiling softly "I love you too, Ran" she says going on her tipy toes to kiss me.

"Let's sleep, we've long day tomorrow" I whisper.

Laying down on the bed on my side she immediately scoots close, burying her face on the crock of my neck, kissing the skin there as I bury mine on her hair.

"Good night, baby" she mumbled
"Good Night, my love." I say kissing her head.

Falling asleep with the girl I love in my arms knowing she makes me the happiest man on the world and knowing I want to spend the rest of my life with her.

--------
Well.... I had already posted this but I was reading it today after dinner and I wanted to change some things!

Remember english is not my first language so i'm so so sorry if there's a lot of mistakes 🥺

Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️