Chapter 3: I Feel Something

Start from the beginning

I take the phone and just stare at her. "You don't know my birthday though." I told her.

"I guessed." She says with a shrug.

I lean over laughing. "Laur, I uh, I have no idea what you changed it to, but you can plug your phone up to a computer and change the password, but you have to reset the phone, so you will lose your pictures and stuff." I warned her.

"That's ok, we don't have pictures together yet and I can take more pictures of Lord Tubbington." She states.

She wants to take pictures with me. There goes that feeling in my stomach again. The way Lauren makes me feel after this being our 3rd meeting is kind of scary yet satisfying. I hear her teeth chatter lightly and I come out of my daydream. She's shivering and only then do I notice she is only wearing pajama shorts and a tank top. "Where are your clothes?" I ask her. "You must be freezing."

"I got locked out of my apartment and my landlord is at work. I was taking Lord Tubby out for a quick walk." She says with a shrug. "So, I usually just wait here until he gets home to let me back in. It happens a lot."

I frown. "What time does he get off work?"

"4pm." She says casually while petting her cat.

Ok, she said 4pm like it's 3:30 right now. It's freakin '6 in the morning! Maybe I can run to my house and grab her some clothes so she's warm, or I could just invite her to my place. No, that's weird. I really don't know her. She may get freaked out. Think Camila!

"You can't sit out here all day, you will freeze Laur." I say softly. "Why don't you come to my apartment, it's warm at least."

"You live over here?" She asks with a smile.

I nod. "Yeah, the building up the street." I point. "Come on so you don't get sick." I quickly take my scarf off and wrap it around her neck.

"What about Lord Tubbington, can he come?" She asks nervously.

I look down at the cat and groan. "He won't piss all over the place, will he?" I ask quickly. She shakes her head no. "Then he's welcome to come as well." I say with a smile. "Come on Lord Tubs." I say with a smile.

I stand up and extend my hand out to her. She places the cat back on the ground, and yes, she has him on a leash once again. She grabs my hand and allows me to pull her up. I pull her up a little harder than I mean to, and we are face to face. I look deep in her eyes and get lost in the pools of blue. She has the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. I swear she is smiling at me with them right now. I inhale slowly and look down at her body. I notice the goose bumps on her arms, so I slowly rub her arms to try to warm her up. I notice her breath hitch and I stop while letting out the breath I didn't realize I was still holding in.

"S-sorry." I whisper out. "You just look so cold."

"Keep going." She smiles. "Your hands are soft and warm." She giggles.

Something about her laugh is infectious and I giggle back while running my hands up and down her arms again before I boldly slide my hand down and hold hers. "Let's go." I say with a smile. She interlocks our fingers and a flash of heat flows through my body.

We walk the block to my apartment in silence, I open the door and invite her in. "Um, make yourself at home." I told her. "I think I have some sweats that may be long enough for you. I'll check really quickly."

I run to my bedroom and go through my closet looking for a pair of sweatpants that would fit her. Lauren is a few inches taller than me so my pants will most likely all be super short on her. I found a pair of Cheerios sweatpants, from my glory days of being a cheerleader with Quinn in high school. They were always too big for me so hopefully they fit her. I grab them and a sweatshirt and head back to the living room. "Here you go." I tell her while holding them out to her.