The New School Counselor

Start from the beginning

I raised my head then turned around to the other faculty members.

"My name is Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. I graduated from Tokyo University Medical School Department, majoring in Psychology. Looking forward to working with you all." I formally bowed.

Yes, you guys must be wondering how the hell did I graduate from a university while being watched and locked up in that mansion for a year.

The answer is simple.

It's a lie.

And all the documents ranging from birth certificate, counselor's license, college diploma etc.

The rest mentioned above are as well forged.

"Any question?" Chairman Sakayanagi ask,

I discreetly scanned the surroundings, trying to familiarize the faces of my soon to become colleagues.

A certain woman then raised her hand, it was that particular woman whom I met in the doorway.

"Hai! I have a question for Ayanokouji-kun."

She has light brown hair that is curled at the bottom with bangs and a pair of purple eyes.

"Ask right away."

"Uhmm~ are you really a university graduate?" She tilted her head. "Cuz you seem more like a highschool student to me."

The rest also nodded, completely agreeing to her statement.

I am fully aware that my story is not in the least convincing, but what can I do? The one who made this up is the Chairman of this school, Chairman Sakayanagi himself.

"Well you see, I got that a lot really. People always mistook me as a highschool student, I was even blocked by the guard in the gate on my way here, asking why I am not wearing the school uniform and such. Till I show them my faculty ID then they let me pass through." I sighed, "Anyway, if anyone still has doubt about my personal information, feel free to check my credentials and any further relevant documents."

I blurted out those lies with a straight face, expressing it with full confidence.

The Chairman even required me to wear fake glasses to conceal myself - which was completely unnecessary - in case someone remembers me taking the entrance exam.

And speaking of entrance exams, this is the whole story of why I am taking an arduous path of being a school counselor instead of living the life of an ordinary student.

Flashback during the fifth day of the entrance exam at the Tokyo Metropolitan Advance Nurturing High School.

I then stepped out from the taxi and glanced at the towering tall stone-made gate of the prestigious school.

I then began walking towards the entrance, wearing casual clothes and a black pants.

Looking around the campus, I noticed that there were fewer people than I expected.

Maybe since it's already the last day of taking the entrance examination that explains why the campus is not over jamming with middle school graduates from all over Japan.

I then get in line, waiting for my turn at the receptionist table.

Well this just makes things convenient for me as I need to come back sooner or else that lazy caretaker will notice my absence in the mansion.

I also ask Matsou to give me a call whenever that guy is on his way home.

Giving my name to the person in charge of assigning which room to go for the entrance exam. I noticed a subtle change in his expression again.