Chapter 4

Pov: Sokka

I navigate Jets humongous house with a 140 pound lump on my shoulder. Zuko is completely wasted. I mean I saw it coming, he just kept on downing those drinks. 

There's got to be about 100 people in his kitchen alone, how many people does this douchebag know? After going down a hallway, making a left, squeezing past two guys making out, we finally found a bathroom, and just in time. As soon as I closed the door, Zuko opens his mouth and starts the vomit. It was a lovely sight. If you told me a 3 weeks ago that I would see my english partner puking in Jets bathroom, I would only semi believe you.

"I'll be right back ok. I'm going to find you something non alcoholic to drink". I leave Zuko in the bathroom, which I hate to do, but he needs something other than poison in his system right now.

I pass another 50 people in Jets living room. I can see out a window Katara and Aang dancing by the pool, glad they're having a nice time. I make my way back down the hallway and end up in the kitchen. There's so many cabinets and so little room that I struggle to find a cup. Eventually this girl comes over to help me.

"Haiiii... myy name isss... Sukiii. You're likee reallly hot". I recognize her, she's in my english class with Zuko. She is so drunk right now it's amazing she's even standing.

"Oh um. Thanks I guess". I say, focusing more on Zuko than this pretty girl. Wait what. This pretty girl is talking to me and I'm not going to do anything about it?

Well she's drunk Sokka.

Fair point inner voice Sokka.

"Can I ummmm. Get your uhhh.... number?" she asks me. I guess there's no hard in it. I could use it later for school related texts.

I put my number in her phone and she comes over and starts to touch my stomach.

"woahhhhh there. Let's not be touching people without their permission"

"awwwww... but you like it don't you?"

"uh no I don't. that's why im telling you not to" I say, stepping back from this drunk woman.

She doesn't listen to me and insists to touch my waist.

"Ok you need to stop" I say, raising my voice.

"Woahhh you need to chill out. I was just playing there hottie" She says, her words are slurred and her voice grows louder. Or bitchier.

I don't say anything and I keep looking for a cup for Zuko. Eventually I find one and Suki leaves me alone. I get some ice from the fridge and and fill it up with water from the sink.

I realize it's been almost 10 minutes since I left Zuko alone in the bathroom. I guess time flies when you're being inappropriately touched without your permission.

I hurry back to Zuko, this place is like a maze. I make my way past the window, Aang and Katara have left their dance floor. I approach the bathroom door, I can see the disturbed rays of light from movement on the other side. I open the door and instantly drop the glass of water.

I see Jet on top of a shirtless Zuko, barely conscious. Before the glass even touches the floor, I leap onto Jet and throw him off. He lands in the glass on the floor. I hope he bleeds out.

"Zuko are you ok. Please say something" I say.

"......Imm f-fineee" he says. His words are still slurred and he seems even further from reality.

"Let's get you out of here" I say, grabbing the shirt that's been tossed to the other side of the bathroom. I realize that his entire chest is scared with matching burns like the one on his face. I start to tear up. What has he gone through.

I carry him in my arms out of the bathroom, stepping over the glass on the floor. I can see a trail of blood down the hall that leads to an angry Jet. I get out of there before he comes after Zuko again.

Once I leave the front door I bring Zuko to my car. And text Katara.

Sokka: Something bad happened. Me and Zuko are fine, but i'm taking him back to our house. Can you find a ride home?

Katara: Yes we can get a ride with Toph's Mom. Be careful.

I take Zuko home.