🍭 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 🍭

Start from the beginning

"You won't," I challenged before I even had the chance to think about my words.

He raised an eyebrow and even behind his sunglasses, I could see him accept the challenge. He moved quickly, covering the distance between us within seconds and I hardly had the chance to take another breath before he was wrapping an arm around my waist and lifting me off of the sidewalk.

"No! Okay, stop! I'll get in the car," I said, unable to keep myself from giggling as I pushed his shoulders. Well, I didn't push too hard because I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the way he felt. And smelled. It was nice.

"Too late, should've thought about this," he mumbled, his breath fanning against my face and I blushed.

He put me on my feet and I put my hand on the car door to steady myself as I looked up at him, "You and Harry have a bad habit of putting your hands on me."

He cackled and shook his head, "That didn't seem to be a problem last week."

I bit my tongue, memories of both of them being pressed against me before we got the call flooded my mind and I cleared my throat.

He nodded, "In the car, pretty girl. We got things to do."

"What about this one?" Zayn asked, leaning on the glass case

I stood behind him, my arms folded across my stomach. My head was starting to hurt from all of the lights in this jewelry store. He looked over his shoulder at me and nodded his head, "Come here, Jailen."

I walked closer, rolling my lips into my mouth when my stomach clenched at his words. I liked when he said my name. When I was close enough, he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me against him. I stumbled into his body, my hand coming up to rest on his chest, my head resting on his shoulder.

"You're so-" I shook my head as I turned my head away from him. I didn't want him to see me smiling, although I'm sure he saw it already because he chuckled before he leaned us closer to the glass.

"Do you like this one?" He whispered and tapped the glass.

I shivered, my thighs clenching together as I looked down at what he was pointing at. It was a chain, a silver chain, and it was packed with diamonds. I don't think I've ever seen that many diamonds on one piece of jewelry. I squinted my eyes at the glare that the light was causing. It looked heavy. I couldn't help myself as my eyes wandered to the price tag just below it. $200,000.

I looked up at Zayn with wide eyes, "It's ugly."

The cashier chuckled and Zayn looked up at him with narrowed eyes before tilting his eyes back down to me, "You don't like it?"

I shook my head, "No. It doesn't seem like you anyway."

He hummed and looked around the store. I wasn't completely lying. It was ugly. And the price made it hideous. Plus I genuinely couldn't see Zayn wearing that. From what I've seen, gold chains suited him more. They always looked so good against his chest or dangling from it. I can still remember the way it tapped my chin when he leaned over me to kiss my forehead that night at the club... Really, Jailen? Right now?

He pulled us away from the glass case and over to another. I stumbled next to him, having no choice but to grab ahold of his shirt. I glared up at him, "You're gonna make me fall."

"I'll catch you," Zayn smirked, "Won't be like last time when you bumped into me."

"You bumped into me. I was paying attention, you weren't." I put my hand on the edge of one of the glass cases we passed to stop because it caught my eye.