Housewarming Party - Epilogue

Start from the beginning

Before Pia could react, Loren approached behind Pia and rubbed the latter's shoulders. "Uy, Nancy, 'wag niyo awayin si Ma'am. Kung hindi dahil sa kanya, walang housewarming na magaganap ngayon."

Grace gave Nancy a high-five. "Tama, tama. Lagot rin tayo kay Madam - mahirap na."

Loren then called everyone's attention. "Since everyone's here, start na natin ung tour?"

She and Pia then led their four guests to various parts of their home. A muted palette of whites, neutrals, and various earth tones permeated the space, with the occasional pop of color from Loren's flower arrangements and fixtures made out of recycled materials.

In one corner of the main room lies a small gym area with some weights, a couple of yoga mats, and two bikes of different sizes mounted on the wall. Various plants are scattered around the living area and there's what appears to be some sort of swing hanging on the wall.

As soon as Leni eyed that white swing, Loren then jumped in. "Ayy, Ma'am, masaya 'to. This is a sensory swing - it's typically used with, say, autistic kids, or anyone who has some sort of sensory issues, really. P told me that it can help adults as well, so nagpalagay siya nito for me."

She then hopped over to the swing, sat down and wrapped herself inside like some sort of cocoon. "It's very soothing, actually. Sige, you can all give it a try."

Loren then hopped out of the swing and guided Leni into the swing. To her surprise, a feeling of warmth enveloped her, as if she got a comforting hug from someone. "Uyy, ang sarap nga dito. Pwede dito na lang ako, Madam?"

Risa giggled along with the rest of the group. "Parang weighted blanket ba, Ate Lo?"

"Kind of, but the sensation is very different," Loren answered.

Pia, on the other hand, showed the group around the two bedrooms, tailor-fit to their individual needs. Unlike most people, they decided to get separate rooms, to Leni's initial confusion. "Peej, bakit hiwalay bedrooms niyo? Mag-asawa naman kayo."

"Well, first of all, Reg and I have a few needs that we really couldn't compromise on, especially with our sleeping environment," Pia answered before giggling. "Second, hoarder kami parehas, so bodega na ung bedroom kung nagsama kami, diba?"

Leni started giggling as well. "Jusko, ung bahay mo pa lang, diba?"

By this point, Pia laughed so much that she couldn't contain her composure. Risa then chimed into the festivities. "You know, Ga, more and more couples are opting for separate rooms. They say that having your own space can actually improve a couple's sex life."

"Basta, Sa, sama-sama tayong matutulog sa bahay." Leni concluded. "Yun na yun."

As the tour went on, Leni observed the now not-so-newly married couple from afar and noted how far they've come since she first encountered them a couple of years ago. From chance encounters in the Senate (of which there were many), here they are celebrating their first home together openly expressing their affection and fondness for each other.

It filled Leni with joy seeing how much they supported one another, from Pia paying special attention to Loren's needs, to the way Loren beamed at Pia whenever she talks about her, to the fact that even after so many years, they still couldn't keep their hands off of each other.

And that, to Leni, was worth the gamble.

A/N: Salamat sa mga nagbasa at nagsubaybay sa #RoadToLabel ni Pilar at Regina. Very rollercoaster ung book na ito, but I hope everyone enjoyed the ride.

The next book for this multiverse is all about the game of love that led to this point, this time from the eyes of the London Bridge herself.

Chance Encounters: A Sen

Chance Encounters: A Sen. Leni AU (feat. Pilo)

Neophyte senator Leni found a natural rapport with the infamous Seatmates bloc in the Senate - a monumental feat for the former Vice President and opposition leader. She also wanted a way to get herself on their good side, while raising a bit of money for Angat Buhay at the same time.

An unexpected glimpse of the true extent of the personal relationship between the two most senior Senators in the 20th Congress gave her an idea: start a pool of money and have everyone in the bloc throw some in the pot until they finally admit their relationship.

Can Leni pull off the stunt and bond with her colleagues in the process? When will Pia and Loren admit their relationship and much money will Leni make in the end?

Most importantly, how can she make Risa, queen of FOMO, understand that there's a reason she's banned from joining the festivities?