Chapter 165 - Lena Upset

Start from the beginning

Alura takes the bowl of fruit from Kara, and then proceeds to turn her nose up at it. Lena may be very firm on making Alura eat fruit, but that doesn't mean that the 5-year-old likes it. Alura's attitude towards fruit is mostly aligned with Kara's.

"Can't I have pancakes?" Alura asks, with a pout.

"No, sorry baby. Momma says you need to eat some fruit today." Kara replies.

Alura sighs.

"Okay.... can you put some sugar on it, like you usually do?" Alura asks.

Usually Kara does do exactly that, putting a little half spoonful of sugar over the fruit she puts in the bowl for Alura, without Lena knowing. However, today Kara hasn't done that, because she doesn't want to chance Lena finding out and already being mad at her before she even tells her the actual news that's going to make Lena mad. Admittedly, Lena probably would only be fake mad, but still, Kara doesn't want to chance it.

"Uhhhh.... sorry baby.... not today." Kara says.

"Owwwww...." Alura moans.

Kara chuckles.

"Go on. Go eat your fruit. You can watch some cartoons while you do." Kara says.

"Fine." Alura huffs.

Kara then hands Alura a spoon, and the 5-year-old then makes her way into the living room, turning on the TV and watching some cartoons. A few moments after this, Lena comes downstairs, and approaches Kara in the kitchen.

"Hey." Kara smiles.

"Hey, darling." Lena says, and then closes the distance to Kara, taking her in for a kiss.

Kara kisses Lena back, but she really doesn't enjoy the kiss. Usually, Kara enjoys ever little kiss she has with Lena, big or small, and savours every moment, but she can't do that now while she is feeling so guilty.

"I didn't hear you come back in last night." Lena says, as they part from their kiss.

"Uhhh.... yeah.... I just got back into bed....and you were fast asleep." Kara replies, a tad awkwardly.

Lena nods her head.

"Did everything go okay?" Lena asks.

"Uhhh.... yeah.... but there is something I want to talk to you about..... away from prying ears." Kara says, as she gestures with her head to Alura.

"Is everything okay?" Lena asks, with a worried look on her face.

"Everything's fine." Kara lies, but only to make Lena not worry, "I just need to tell you about what happened."

"Alright then." Lena nods, "How about you drop Alura off at school, and then afterwards you can meet me in my office, at L-Corp, and we'll chat."

"Sure." Kara nods.

*******************

It is now about 45 minutes later, and Kara has just dropped Alura off at school for the day, giving her a big hug and kiss as usual. Admittedly, usually when either Kara or Lena drop Alura off at school, their stomachs drop a bit, because they both miss their daughter throughout the day, however, right now Kara's stomach had dropped for a whole other reason.

"Rao.... I better get this over with." Kara says to herself, knowing that she just needs to 'rip the band aide off', and face the consequences.

Kara then takes a look around, to make sure no one is watching her, and once she confirms this, she takes off into the air.

Kara flies back to her and Lena's apartment, instead of L-Corp. Kara does this because she wants to take the alien artifact box with her, so she can at least show it to Lena, and the CEO can then secure it as soon as possible. Kara arrives back in her and Lena's penthouse a few moments later, gathers the box, before then flying back towards L-Corp, and landing on Lena's office balcony about a minute later.