𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑: 𝐀 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭: 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥

High school ninth grade. I think it pretty about sums it up. Middle school went smoothly; you and Miya became best friends again officially, your friendship was mended and the rough past was finally not bothering you, but of course, not everything was the same. A lot had happened in the past year.

The eighth grade: Tamaki apologized
I know right, huge surprise. After you and Miya accidentally found out about his past, it made more sense to his behavior, which is something that isn't excused even so. Becoming a player just to receive attention isn't the best idea.

One afternoon you and Miya were skating around and accidentally stumbled upon Tamaki getting a beating from his dad. As much as you both hated him, you and Miya still felt bad. "We shouldn't be here," Miya said with a bit of worry in his tone. "We can't just do nothing " you replied. That reminded Miya that him and you weren't just people to watch and let things happen.

So you did the best-worst option. Found an alley cat and threw it onto Tamaki's dad. Of course, they both never knew it was you and Miya since you both dashed off after that. That cat scratched his arm badly and Tamaki's dad stopped that awful beating. What you did not know was that at the corner of Tamakis eye, he saw you and Miya. About a week later he confronted you both about the incident. You thought he would get angry but he actually thanked you for it.

"Thanks for that I guess, odd way to help." He also did something very unexpected. He apologized for the way he treated you both. Leaving middle school with no problems.

Reki and Langas's friendship was also changing. Something was happening between them, but you just couldn't name it.

Cherry and Joe were their usual selves. They normally give you advice, or at least try. Most of the time, their advice would contradict each other. Right now Cherry was away. He was on a special business trip.

Bad things happened too. School was getting harder, and your grades had dropped a bit in the eighth grade. You knew you needed to put in more effort. It was draining you. Especially with your parents also suffering financially after your mom lost her job. Your after-school job wasn't making your mental state better either.

You felt alone, but you knew you weren't. You had him.

Miya and you were still best friends, of course, but you started developing feelings for him. Do you have a crush on your best friend? Come on. Have you watched Your lie In April?

Discarding the feelings. Miya was always there for you. No, he didn't give the "greatest advice", but he listened and he reminded you of who you were when you didn't even know. just like you did for him.

Having all this with him, It was worth a lot to you, worth more than risking it for the sake of your deepest feelings. All you needed was him by your side, even if it was only as a best friend.