Chapter 4:Can you stay out of trouble for one day?

Start from the beginning

Ram:How did you know?

Zenon:I have three siblings. Although I'm the youngest, I qlwais end up needing to act as the oldest.

Ram:I see...How are they like?

Zenon:Well, Dante and Vanica are...just imagine that Bowel Hunter and Roswal incresed to one million.

Ram:Poor you.

Zenon:Our eldest brother, Lucius, is much more calm and rational. Although we haven't seen him in a long time.

Ram:Why have you decided to stay here?

Zenon:As I said, I had nowhere else to go. I've fought for my siblings and my homeland my entire life, but now I can't reach either of them. I don't have any hobby either.

Even if he returns he doesn't think there will be a place to go back to. With Dante and Vanica out of the game the Spade Kingdom is pretty much done for.

Ram:...You're a surprisingly dull guy.

Zenon:You sound just like Vanica.

Ram:Well, you're alwais welcome to try my new dishes...I'm trying to make something good beyond mashed potatos.

Zenon:I see.

The two have walked around the mansion together, meeting Subaru qnd Rem on the way. Zenon stopped abruptly and turned to the two, making everyone curious.

Zenon:Subaru, Rem, where have you been?

Sunt:Uh...What do you mean, Zenon-san?

Zenon:You both have a curse on you.

Subaru's face contorted into terror, getting PTSD from his first death. Ram widened her eyes in worry for her sister.

Ram:Zenon-sama, are you absolutly certain!?

Zenon:There's no mistake about it. My sister has Curse-Warding Magic, so it's easy for me to detect one.

Rem:W...What should we do?

Zenon:We kill the one that casted it.

Subaru:Oi, oi, isn't this going too fast!?

Zenon:That's the only way to get rid of Vanica's curse. I don't know hiw to lift curses.

A door was baged open in a fury. From the door a girl, that looked to be a kid, stepped outside.

She had blonde hair tied in curled up twintails and blue eyes with a pink butterfly mark in them. Her name was Beatrice.

Beatrice:Can you shut up, I suppose!?

Ram:Beatrice-sama, can you help us?

Beatrice:I heard you, I suppose. A curse, right? Such a thing is simple for me,I suppose.

Beatrice held her hand out qs mana poured into Rem and Subaru, lifting the curse. Not long after she looked over at Zenon and put her hand on his stomach.

The loli Great Spirit began to suck mana from Zenon to be officialy identified as a guest. Not long after she jumped back in terror.

Beatrice:It's done, I suppose...But keep that thing away from me.

Zenon heard a grunt of annoyance in his head coming from Beelzebub. He gueessed that's the highest-ranking devil way of saying "The feeling is mutual".

Zenon:We should still kill the caster, it could present a problem later on.

Ram:I agree. Rem, Barusu, you stay here and rest.

Zenon:How did you get cursed, anyway?

Subaru:I don't know! We just went to the village and meet this really nice dog and she let us pet him and he bit us and...Oh.

Zenon:...I have half a mind to impale you with bones right now.

Zenon and Ram took off. The red haired devil found out that, like Roswal. Zenon can use Flight Magic. It took them much less then it'd take them on foot.

Ram:How it is?

Zenon:I can feel the mage, but there are also q bunch of children ready to be devoured by some monstrous dogs.

Ram:...The shaman can wait, children are a priority. It'd be bad if children of tge village under our protection would die.

Zenon:You're surprisingly soft.

Ram:Shut up.

The two lansed in the middle of q group of children surrounded by demonic beasts. The two were back to back.

Ram:Fura!

Ram moved her hand verticaly as q blade of wind cut down three demonic beasts. One of it's breathens tried to atack her from behind but Zenon took a hold of it's head and crushed it's skull.

Ram began jumping around qnd spamming Fura to get down their numbers. Zenon temained with the kinds as bones grew out of his hand and detached themselves as they were molded into a sword. When they got too close Zenon would cut them down with his sword, but they were just too much.

Zenon:This us taking too long.

Zenon's Grimoir floated in front of him as the pages were moving. As he spoke somewhere a certain Cursed Doll shruddered in both fear and ecstasy.

Zenon:Bone Magic:Eternal Fang.

Long spear-like bones grew out from every part of Zenon's body. Theyve entered the ground and dominated the sky. They have even grew from them into countless such bones.

The bones punctured through their targets with no problem. Seeing the dangerous situations even demonic beasts such as those who go by primal insticr try to run, but the bones followed them tiresly and ended tgeir lives. Yet, not one of those bones harmed Ram or any child.

Ram:So this is the spell that made the Bowel Hunter retreat. It's terrifying, yet...majestic.

Zenon:Well, Eternal Fang is great for dealing with great numbers like a army. I'm not sure about the artistic value. I was often told that my Bone Magic can look rather unpleasant.