⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 𝒙𝒙. 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲
━━ 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓

     Reagan woke up to an empty bed, which surprised her. She clearly remembered having gone to sleep with Edmund the previous night. She moved her hand along the bed, making sure that he had not ended up at the foot of the bed. She let out a small sigh. After what had happened barely hours ago, she expected to wake up wrapped in the boy's arms, not to the nothingness. It was not the first time they had slept together, but it had been the first one that she had seen herself prepared to take things a step further. Trying to fight away the tears of disappointment, she looked at the clock in the bedside table and saw that it was fairly late. Her stomach growled, asking for something other than water to be put into it, so she stood up, making sure to put her right foot first. It was a habit she had picked up as a young girl, seeing that her mother used to say that she had "woken up with the left foot" whenever something did not go right.

     After putting a random t-shirt on, she opened the blinds and window, inhaling the morning air and letting herself enjoy the chirping of the birds before walking to the kitchen to get herself a coffee. Edmund was still nowhere to be seen. That, however, changed when she opened the door to the room and got a look around her apartment. There he was, the boy of her dreams, making breakfast. His hair was slightly messy and he stuck out his tongue in concentration.

     "I thought you had gone home," was the first thing she said, making the boy turn around. "Good morning."

     "Good morning, beautiful," he walked up to her and softly kiss her lips. "Hey, I would never leave without telling you. How do you feel? Are you okay? Did you feel comfortable yesterday?"

     "Ed, it was perfect," Reagan responded, "thank you. And now let's have breakfast because I am absolutely starving."

     And they both sat down, toast and juice in front of them and began chatting about whatever had happened that week. It did not matter that they had heard the anecdotes already or that the jokes had already been told. All they wanted was to enjoy each other's company, with nothing else to worry about. That is exactly how they liked it and that is exactly why they relationship was so strong.