Prologue

I try to reach into anything from my life before this point before I found myself in a void of nothing that is almost like a dream. But it keeps leaving me, I try to use a limb but nothing wants to work! I can't even think of my name! I can only grab at bits and pieces and try to make sense of it later. I see...A classroom, some kids...friends, maybe? I seem to be laughing with them, getting annoyed with their antics, just trying to read...something...or write about...something...Dammit! this is so frustrating! I can't even get a good look at their faces before the next sliver of a memory arrives in my mind. Maybe I'll know them when I see them...? What am I saying? I'm clearly being sent somewhere they are not going to be. I feel a tinge of sadness for the friends I can no longer remember and keep trying to find out more about my former life. Personal life slivers were hard to pinpoint since they went too fast. I can't even get a look at how my family looked or what they were like. I can only make out a few voices, and by the sound of it I...think...I had both my parents, a sister...maybe two sisters...no brothers...a couple of cousins...Argh! It's going too fast! Stop going so fast! I try to yell at the nothing but I don't even feel my mouth open. As I was wallowing in my frustration, multiple sudden bangs brought me back to reality. I instinctively tried to reach out and cover my ears because they were so upsetting to me. After a few minutes of suffering through the most stressful experience of my life(?). There was a bright light, and then silence.