Chapter 2

Recording 002

Yes, my dear followers, I am on my way to visit the dragon. Ivaylo has gotten more details on the beast lady. She has a hot head for gold, but is always burning everything and has gone to a small coast line island with a volcano on top. Suiting for an old lady with a hot temper. Mmm, I'm not sure how we will be able to convince her to come with us, but ill find something along the way, probably. It is going to take me about a week to get there, since I can only travel at night. I found some potions near the wall; someone must have forgotten them there. I hope I can find someone who knows what they do. Time is running, I should start packing some stuff... someday I shall redecorate my burrow, for all I have is an old mattress made out of sheep wool. Some never ending light sources and this thing I'm using to record my voice. I don't even know if I'm using it properly, for I found it near an unlit portal. Oh well, let's see what this dragon has in store for me!

Ivaylo and I met at the mother tree, near my burrow. She is the tallest tree of them all, with a silky and smooth trunk with a diameter of 36 feet. She carries the power of life and without her, this island wouldn't exist. "Do you have the map? And also something we could maybe convince her to come with us?" Ivaylo asked me, looking at the leaf bag I was carrying. I responded with a sharp tone, "Yes. Or do you not believe I can do this? When did I ever forget something?" He sighed and looked me directly in the eyes. "You are a clumsy mirolack with a big ego. Of course, I would think you would forget something. I raised you." Uncomfortable and pulling my tails in slightly, I ignored what he said and gave him the map. "Do you know where we need to go?" he grinned. "I know in somewhat region but I'm not sure. Follow me." And so we started to head deeper into the forest, in a west direction.

On our way, we stopped by a small village filled with felines. They were quite somewhat smaller than me, around 5 feet I think. They have cute chubby legs and arms and the smallest paws I had ever seen.

There we stayed and got more info on where to go and restocked on food, since the boredom got the best of me, and apricot thriller. A thrilling drink, as the name considers. The houses were too small for the both of us, so we slept outside under the trees, like we used to do in the past. Although I didn't really sleep for my mind was running, trying to solve two problems at the same time.

Starring at the stars, I asked myself 'Why did they leave me here, all on my own? I barely even remember what they looked like. I was probably only a few months old when I woke up to see my parents leave me beneath the mother tree. And now here I am, soon to be 20 years old, trying to fix the island problems. Maybe they'll come back once I help restore peace. Maybe I'll feel useful for once...' I guess I did fall asleep for a short time, just before the sun started to rise. However, my nose started to twitch and itch, as I smelt a smell I hated. I sat up straight, eyes wide open and sniffing the air.

Then I heard a familiar laughter, similar to a rooster. "Cockatrice!' I immediately woke up Ivaylo and he noticed right away, why I did. As we had practiced a few times, I quickly flew on top of a strong branch to see where they were coming from. Once I spotted them, my tails twitched as a signal to Ivaylo. Then, right as they were beneath me, jumped down with an ear-piercing screech and landed on top of one of them, knocking him out. Four of the remaining six immediately attacked, as did Ivaylo. Two of them decided to scram into the village to find felines that didn't manage to hide in time. Ivaylo managed to scratch one deep with his long claws, making dark red blood flow from the wound, but this didn't stop him from fighting. I quickly managed to get one pinned to the ground, grabbing his poison covered sword with my mouth, and stabbed him in the lungs, instantly killing him. I quickly glanced at Ivaylo, while dodging another sword, to see if I could follow the other two that had made their way into the village. He nodded at me, telling me I should go and that he would be fine. I managed to break the sword of the other one that was attacking me, as I spread my wings to fly over the village and find them that left the scene.

It wasn't hard to find them, as the village is small and the felines where screaming. 3 had already been turned to stone, and one was in the process of being too. I quickly landed in between the felines and the cockatrices. While doing so, one of them cut off a few of my feathers, which didn't bother me in the moment. Again I made sure there swords where gone but even without them they made a good fight. Soon enough I had sliced open the ones guts and cut off the others head. Panting, I went to check how Ivaylo was doing. He had a few bites and scratches, but nothing seriously. Then we made sure the felines where ok. I looked at the stone statues now standing in place of 4 felines and remembered that I had potions with me.

"Is there someone here that knows a lot about potions?!?" I yelled, and sure enough, an elderly looking elf came up to us. Ivaylo and I looked at each other in shock.