sleepover

It was maybe 1AM or 3AM. Chuu wasn't sure. Hell the house could've been on fire and she wouldn't have noticed. She didn't even want to think about the next day. She wanted to live in this perfect moment, where it was just her and her best friend Yves.

The pair were having a sleepover at Chuu's place since her parents were out of town. They'd baked cookies and surfed the web and looked up celeb crushes and played video games all while having a never ending conversation about anything and everything.

Their mouths just kept going, never pausing too long for a breath. They teased each other, and talked about school gossip and movies and childhood and anything they could think of. They bounced off of each other's humor, their personalities complimented each other so well.

Yves began yawning around 12AM, which surprised Chuu since Yves was almost never tired.

"You gonna end the night early?" She'd asked when she noticed.

Yves scoffed, "Like I'd let you beat me to the punch."

"What does that mean? I'm usually as much of a late sleeper as you are!" Chuu pouted.

Yves was doubtful, "You're usually out by 11PM though."

"Not on weekends! Besides, I still have to maintain my sleep schedule cus of school."

Yves shrugged, "I guess you have a point."

After that the subject changed. Now, Chuu and Yves were settled into the couch, watching Gonjiam Asylum. Chuu had her head on Yves' shoulder, clutching her arm out of fear from the movie.

She couldn't have a better excuse to hold Yves hand. Chuu was affectionate and bubbly, but she'd felt unsure lately.

She couldn't put her finger on it. She wanted to touch Yves so badly every second of every day. She felt suspicious though, as if it were wrong to long for her best friend's touch. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary so why did she suddenly feel so much guilt?

Chuu couldn't help but feel herself blush when Yves squeezed her hand reassuringly during the movie. She thought back to earlier when they were baking and Yves had swiped some flour off of Chuu's cheek. Yves' gaze was unwavering and Chuu felt herself suddenly so vulnerable and nervous at that moment. She felt almost that if Yves stared long enough she'd see the guilt of Chuu's longing in her eyes.

But she didn't of course. Chuu was only overthinking the inevitable. This was pure. The friendship was pure, and nothing would be able to ruin that. Not even the blush that returned when Yves jumped and unconsciously pulled Chuu closer.

The movie felt much longer than it was. Chuu's emotions were getting the best of her. The movie was terrifying but in the best way, and afterwards the girls decided to play some calming music and do each other's make-up to wind down.

Chuu was tempted to check the time but she avoided it, in fear that she'd pressure herself to sleep instead of enjoying her time with Yves.

They decided to just do eye make up so as not to have as much clean up before they went to sleep. Yves pulled out a palette with four shades, and went to town on Chuu's eyelids.

"Close your eyes... Raise your eyebrows." Chuu did as she was told, feeling the ginger touch of the brush. She occasionally felt a swipe from the pad of Yves' index finger.

"Are you doing glitter?" Chuu asked.

"Mhm." Yves was concentrated, trying her best to focus.

"Are you gonna do mascara?" The silence was unfamiliar and Chuu felt the need to fill it.