"Not so fast, we have something still to speak about." Ridga was the only one still in his seat, though Neo was hovering behind him, Indi and Saguaro were almost through the door. Nevada felt his heart beat faster as he realised Ridga's tension had returned. The door had thudded shut by the time Nevada and Rio sat down again. He was about to speak when he felt Rio's kelpie tail brush his own bobbed one.

"General Nevada, we just wanted to know." Ridga looked at Neo nervously, and an unspoken conversation seemed to go between the two for a while, then Neo turned to him.

"Why do you insist on putting Rio in danger?" Nevada felt Rio stiffen, his back fur prickled angrily. He breathed out slowly before he could speak without growling. Before he could respond though, Rio spoke up.

"Why would you ask that?" She growled, Nevada glanced over at her, she hadn't even tried to hide her rage, her dark blue eyes were narrowed angrily and her ears flattened. "Well!?"

Neo looked at her paws awkwardly for a moment then she looked up, "Well, he's Saguaro's son, and, surely we aren't the only ones who've noticed his... change."

"Change?" Nevada asked coldly, he glared at Neo, who seemed to shrink under his gaze. Which was odd, seeing she was supposed to be superior.

"Well, Nevada, you've become distant. You've missed so many meals it's a wonder you haven't dropped dead of starvation." Ridga replied. Nevada felt a stab of hurt, Ridga had never referred to him by his first name in a private conversation before. It was always some funny nickname. It had been a hot minute since they'd spoken, Rascal's! Had it really been three months?

"And, you've been reckless, I mean, challenging Saguaro so openly like you did today?" She scoffed, and narrowed her eyes, "Not to mention putting her at risk with your little escape stunts!?"

"And, well just the fact you talk is bad enough, that's why I wanted to meet with you. I want you to stop seeing each other, Saguaro has suddenly started paying attention to you again, and I don't want our daughter to catch any of his notice." Nevada let Ridga's words sit in the air, and he looked at his paws, he could feel the grin playing on his lips as he lifted his eyes to look at Rio's parents.

"She has never been in danger. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but she's never been punished for a single thing I've, or even she's done." Nevada narrowed his eyes and let his anger flow out, he shaped it to fit his image, cold, calculating, dangerous and unpredictable. "This conversation has truly opened my eyes to how you view me. I will continue talking and seeing Rio, not only because I want to, but because you seem to have forgotten. I bear the Regale name, and I have earned my right to use it." He smiled as Neo stiffened. "I believe that it is my every right to stand up to my father, after all, I am next in line to the throne."

"Only if he dies! And I doubt even a bullet would kill him." Ridga growled, he flinched as Nevada's eyes locked with his, and the prince's fury was directed at him.

Nevada gave the Admiral a crooked smile, "There's one other way for me to become king."

"What, poison him?" Neo asked, "Cause that won't be suspicious at all!"

"The Regal Challenge." Nevada felt a swell of happiness as he saw the shock grow on Neo and Ridga's faces.

"No," Neo whispered, "Y-you can't. He'll kill you."

Nevada sighed irritably, "I'm the heir to the throne, I cannot die, the Rascal's would not see it fitting for their next representative."

"Nevada..." Neo trailed off, her eyes had softened, and Nevada looked at her, tilting his head in confusion. She smiled pitifully, "Nevada, you may never be king, there is another brother. We will only know when you're old enough to be given powers, that's when you will know whether or not you're heir."