TWENTY FIVE

EVERLEIGH'S P.O.V

I groaned as my eyes fluttered open, my vision still blurry, my heading pounding. I felt a cold floor as my vision cleared up taking in my surroundings. I slowly sit up wincing in pain as I did, noticing I was no longer wear my arm sling. 

I look around realizing I am some sort of a small room, it was almost like a prison cell. I stand up biting my lip to hold back my screams of pain surging through me. I have no idea how long I had been here or how long I was asleep for. 

I wanted to cry at the realization that I may never see Enzo, and Donte and Antonio got killed because of Romano was trying to get me. I couldn't help but feel that this was all my fault. Guilt flooded through my body as I remember I killed Rosa, I felt bad for Niccolo and Amalia right now. 

I walk over to the door as I wiggle the door knob but of course as I expected it was locked. I started banging on the door, yelling as I did so. Soon I heard foot steps coming my way, panic washed over me but I also wanted answers. I backed away from the door as I heard the sound of keys jingling. 

My eyes widen as I watched Miguel enter the room, I ran up to him giving him a hug but he pushed me back as soon as I did catching me by surprise as I fall back onto the floor, pain flooding through me. 

He chuckled dryly before giving me a smirk, "Pensavi fossi qui per salvarti (you thought I was here to save you)?"

I was stunned, my jaw dropping. He betrayed Enzo, his whole gang, he had fooled everyone. I looked at him with disgust as I narrowed my eyes at him regaining my composure. 

"Miguel, perche (why)?," I snarled at him. 

He shrugged as if it was nothing, "Perche, mia amore? Enzo e diventato debole per colpa tua, non valeva piu il mio tempo (Enzo became weak because of you, he wasn't worth my time no more)."

"Sei un maiale (you are a pig)!," I snapped. 

Anger flashed in his eyes, he crouched down to my level and before I could even blink he puched me across my the side of my jaw my head whipping to the side, the searing pain hitting me but I hold back my tearns and my scream, not wanting him to have the satisfaction. I rubbed my jaw as it throbbed with pain as I glared at him. 

I gather my composure as I gather my spit before I release it, my spit flying into his face. He clenches his eyes shut before wipping my spit off with his sleeve. His eyes snapped open, his became dark a dull as he gave me a look that could kill. 

"Fottuta puttana (you fucking bitch)!," He hissed. 

Another searing pain shot through me as once again his fist made contact with my face as whipped back to the side, throbbing in pain and I wanted to scream and cry, but I was still not going to give him the satisfaction. 

Miguel shot up just as the door opened, I rubbed my sorre jaw chocking back the tears that threatened to spill. My eyes shot up to see Lorenzo and Romano walking in with devious smirks on their faces. I felt sick seeing Lorenzo here. I am guessing he is behind this too, I feel for Enzo right now. I wish he was here. 

"Awake, I see, Mia amore," Romano gave me a smile that made me cringe. 

Tieni la bocca chiusa (keep your mouth shut), My subconcious solds me. 

"Sembra cosi (it appears that way)," I grit out. 

"Lorenzo, you were not kidding, she really is a fiesty little thing," Romano chuckled as he stalked closer to me. 

I didn't move, I didn't flinch, I don't want to give them any sort of satisfaction. Of course my body was telling me to move or do something but I held it back, I held everything back. They won't get a single tear from me, let alone any emotion that shows my fear. 

I bit my tongue holding back a scream of pain as Romano gripped my jaw in a forceful harsh grip. 

"Don't worry, mia amore, you dear marito (husband) will be here soon," He smirks as his grp tightens making me bight down harder on my tongue, "We got something special planned for him, if you have not guessed this plan involves you...and a beautiful pistol meant for your dear old marito."

I freeze, no his father is going to just let his son be killed. I shot Lorenzo a nasty look before I look back at Romano, my blood running cold at the thought of him harming Enzo. 

"Buona fortuna, ne avrai bisogno (good luck, you'll need it)," I snap back at Romano. 

I could see his eyes flash with anger as his jaw clenches and I know something is coming but I stand my ground. My head once agains whip lashes to the side as Romano throws a puch at me himself. My body wasn't able to handle this one as I started to see black dots, my vison clouding over. 

I fall back onto the floor, everything moving in fast motion and I could hear faint chuckling. My eyes feeling heavy as they flutter close as I welcome the darkness. 

~.~.~.~.~

"Svegliati (wake up)!," A faint voice snaps, I wince as I feel a hard kick to my back, my eye fluttering open. 

I groan as I roll over seeing Miguel hovering above me. I had forgot I was here until my eyes opened, and I mentally cursed myslef for showing any form of weakness. 

"In piedi (stand up)!," Miguel snaps in annoyance. 

I roll my eyes fighting back the pain as I stand up, this time keeping my mouth shut not having anything else to say to him, at this point I am just disgusted by him. He jerks my forward making me almost lose my balance. He roughly ties a dirty cloth around my mouth before tying my wrists together in the front. 

"Tuo marito idiota ha deciso di fare il suo arrivo (your idiot husband has decided to make his arrival)," He smirks. 

My chest tightens and my heart drops to my stomach realizing what they were going to do. I don't understand why they want to kill Enzo but I know for sure I won't let that happen even if I have to take my last dying breath. 

Miguel grabs me by my upper arm roughly as he drags me out of the room. Romano smirks at me as soon as our eyes meet as he takes Miguels place whilst holding a silver pistol in his hand. My body shudders at the mere touch of this disgusting man, wanting his hands off of me. He drags me out of the building and that is when I see him. 

Enzo

I want to so badly to call out for him, to run to him. His eyes caught mine and he looked broken as he looked me over but he quickly composed himself. His men surround him more then a hundred deep but he wasn't the only one as Romano's men were here too. 

"Ah Enzo, felice che tu ce l'abbia fatto (glad you could make it)," Romano chuckles as he puts the cold gun to my head. 

I couldn't stop the tears as they rolled down my cheek this time, not because of the pain I was feeling but because of seeing Enzo. Today may be my last day alive and yet he will never know that I love him. 

"Cut the shit Romano, we brought you what you asked now give me my wife!," Enzo snaps. 

That was when Lorenzo and Miguel decided to join us and I could see the steam coming from Enzo's ears, the anger in his dull dark cold eyes was enough to send anyone running. I see Giovanni beside him looking at them with just as much hatered and anger. 

Romano chuckles as he waves the pistol he once held to my head, moving it in a circular motion. His men walk to the trucks as they open the back doors observing before giving Romano a slight nod. 

"My wife, now!," Enzo growls at Romano.

Romano shakes his head with a sly smirk gracing his lips, "Ah you didn't think it would be that easy did you?," He now points the gun at Enzo but he doesn't even flinch as everyone around us pull their guns out, Enzo aiming his gun straight for Romano.  

Miguel and Lorenzo pulls theirs out pointing them straight at Enzo but he still didn't seem fazed. I was however.I watch as Romano continues to smirk at Enzo as his finger slightly presses on the trigger. I take a deep breath before looking at Enzo one last time. My body telling me one last thing. 

Tuffati per il proiettile (dive for the bullet).