Second Chance

A/N: as a reader, you can consider this to be a continuation of the treasure drama "it's okay, it's friendship" or as a standalone 

Get yourself cool, don't wait 
Love is not for lovers who hesitate
Don't miss the rush hour
or you'll be the fallen flower

That's what they say

Knowing someone inside out, 
Taking without giving 
Before running away. 

Love isn't the right answer,
Until you find your treasure.

"I just wanna make you happy, because you're the one."

Celebrating Valentine's Day without a lover sucks. Absolutely fucking sucks.

Maybe cupid just hates certain souls and wants to take revenge. I wouldn't know, since I've been assisted by him, but also became one of his victims. 

The heartache wouldn't have dealt such a blow if he didn't have a lover before. It wouldn't have hurt this much if Jaehyuk's lover hadn't disappeared the day before Valentine's. 

The former returned home that evening to a place that wasn't a home. Stripped bare, it looked as though only one person had ever stayed in that apartment, unlike the two that had sustained themselves within for months. 

Only one item left within the decently sized penthouse hinted at the other's now non-existent presence: a note. 

"Hyuk ah, I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't leave like this, but I have to. Hopefully someday I'll get to see you again, and that you'll forgive me."

He hadn't even bothered to sign it off, hinting at how rushed his departure was. 

Jaehyuk had suspected for years- maybe not years but a decent amount of time, that Jeongwoo was cheating on him. It could be meeting new friends, staying out late, it could be the reduction of time that they spent with each other… any of those were possibilities. 

In other words, Jaehyuk instantly confirmed his suspicions by half when his boyfriend left at such short notice. 

And now, on this godforsaken day labelled on the calendar as 14th of February, Jaehyuk was left todo solo. Single, a term he hadn't described himself as for the past three years. 

Today was one of the worst days of his entire life, up there on the list with the time when his cat died, or the time when he got into a car accident. That had been a trying time, but that physical pain could never compare to the intense betrayal he felt at the moment. 

Throughout the day, he watched his co-workers exclaim about the events they had planned that evening, notice some subordinates trying to coddle up to their boss, others sharing chocolates just for the fun of it… 

He hated it all. 

It didn't just end there: later that afternoon, while having lunch with a few colleagues at a nearby cafe, he witnessed more couples in their lovey dovey antics, and even more in the evening, when the office goers ended their shifts. 

They peppered the streets, whether it be the casual couples linking hands and swinging them while walking or the ones seated at passing restaurants. How lovely. 

It took every bit of strength in Jaehyuk to prevent himself from screaming and appearing like a psycho in the middle of the street. 

Walking down the streets and alleys without the person you love makes them appear foreign once again, as though you'd never walked down them before. All because something, someone is missing. They become tall and haunting, solely because the comfort isn't there.