Both Dick Grayson and Bruce Wayne are alike (despite them trying to say they're not, thank you very much!), right down to the 'losing the girl they're hopelessly in love with because they can't express their emotions correctly' part. Dick Grayson has loved his best friend since the moment he laid eyes on her. Okay, well, maybe not the moment he laid eyes on her. But, close enough to it that he'll let it count. He's loved her so much, he couldn't bear the thought of losing her. So, he decided it was better to have her as a best friend than to admit his feelings and lose her for forever. That came with its own set of challenges: keeping his extremely intuitive best friend who can read him like an open book from finding out his feelings. Which led to a really long list of women (and admittedly some men) that he burned through back to back. Not to mention the fact that he ghosted his aforementioned best friend Augustine Finley. That definitely kept the secret from her.

People say plenty of things about your first love, that much is for sure. But both Augustine Finley and Dick Grayson have a lot left to learn about what it means (meant?) to them.

Besides, they're bound to be better than the mistakes of their parents, right? (Answers may vary).

AND YOU KNEW WHAT
IT WAS, HE IS IN LOVE.

AUGUSTINE "AUGUST" FINLEY
aka nightshade

AUGUSTINE "AUGUST" FINLEYaka nightshade

•••

RICHARD "DICK" GRAYSON
aka nightwing (formerly robin)

RICHARD "DICK" GRAYSONaka nightwing (formerly robin)