Prologue.

Saira's pov

"You are mine no matter what....."

I looked at him with tears in my eyes knowing that he might be right but he had no right to force me to marry him because of his sister's relationship.

People will think that I married him out of love but what they don't know is that it's always going to be one-sided love.

Azaan will never love me as I love him.

He thinks that I am after Iman's husband who is my best friend.

He moved closer and closer to me making me move a step backward. His honey-brown eyes looked into mine trying to get something out of them but I knew that I had to guard my heart against him even if he is the one in it.

"Could you move back, please?", I put my hands on his chest trying to push him away but he didn't budge.

What is he made?

Steel?

More like pure muscles.

"What if I don't want to move back? What will you do then?", he asks as he moves his nose on my neck making me shiver. "You smell so good", he added placing a kiss on my neck.

"Azaan, move....."

I couldn't even finish what I was saying when he smashed his lips onto mine.

Push him away.

My conscience tells me but I ignored it by pulling his soft hair making him moan.

I love him but why does it feel like he does too?

How did it come to this?

"Does he kiss you like that?", he asks me pitting his forehead with mine.

I pushed him and slapped him.

"He is my best friend's husband. Iman is like a sister to me. Why would you think so low of me? I am not her and I will never be her. So if she has hurt you to the point where you being to doubt everything I do. Well, I am ready to give you what you want. Because I can't live like this. I can't live with a man whom I loved all my life when he can't seem to find in his heart to just see. I am not and I will never be after Azlan as he is and will always be Iman's", I shouted at him but I knew that he didn't and won't listen.

So I will be deciding for myself because this isn't the future I wanted for myself.

I harshly wiped my tears and walked away from him knowing that if I stayed I wouldn't be able to do what I have planned for myself.

I am sorry, Azaan but not everyone is her.

Leaving would be the best thing to do as I didn't want to be in a marriage where there was no respect or even love.

I am sorry, Aunt Hayat for what I am about to do.

Azaan's pov.

I did it again. I hurt her again without realizing that in process of doing that, I am hurting myself more.

I wish I never met her.

Saira is the one who lights up a room with just her smile but now her star is darkened because of me.

Why does love hurt so much?

Loving the wrong person does that but with the right person, it's magical.

Ever since she betrayed me I haven't been the same person even my mother noticed it but I know that she didn't want to ask me as she is giving me time to explain myself to her.

I picked up the phone and call the one person who has never let me down.

My mother, Hayat.

"Asalam Aleikum, mamma. I need you", I tell her as soon as she answered the phone.

"I am on my way", she tells me before hanging up.

She has never let me down and she has never treated me any differently just because am not her real son.

She always tells me:

"You are my son from the moment I married your father. And no one is going to change that. If anyone has a problem they will have to deal with me because you are my son no matter what. I love you, my prince".

I am glad that Baba married her instead of someone else.

The day I met her was the day I chose her to be my mother and no one else.