Chapter 1

Derek Shepherd

"I was scared of dentists and the dark" I sang was I played my guitar on my bed before we left for Paris Riptide by Vance Joy is my favorite song to sing.

"I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations" I relate to this verse one hundred percent I'm just some nerd that nobody likes.

"Oh, all my friends are turning green" I continued to sing.

"You're the magician's assistant in their dreams"

"Ohh"

"Oh-o-oh and they come unstuck" I usually tend to sing when nobody is around but since I'm leaving and I can't necessarily bring my guitar to paris I'm going to sing right now anyway.

"Lady, running down to the riptide" I sang a little louder playing the tambourine with my feet.

"Taken away to the dark side, I wanna be your left hand man"

"I love you when you're singing that song and I got lump in my throat cause you're gonna sing the words wrong" I sing a smile on my face just thinking about how nice it would be to have a girlfriend, a wife like this.

"Here's this movie that I think you'll like" I continue not hearing the murmurs outside my room.

"This guy decides to quit his job and heads to New York City"

"This cowboy's running from himself" I sing shaking my head.

"And she's been living on the highest shelf"

"Ohh"

"Oh-o-oh and they come unstuck"

"Lady, running down to the riptide" I sing using the tambourine again.

"Taken away to the dark side, I wanna be your left hand man"

"I love you when you're singing that song and I got a lump in my throat cause you're gonna sing the words wrong" I sing softly but with lots of emotion.

"I just wanna, I just wanna know" I sing louder.

"If you're gonna, I you're gonna stay"

"I just gotta, I just gotta know"

"I can't have it, I can't have it any other way"

"I swear she's destined for the screen" I smile this is my favorite part.

"Closet thing to Michelle Pfieffer that you've ever seen, oh"

"Lady, running down to the riptide" I sing softer.

"Taken away to the dark side, I wanna be your left hand man"

"I love you when you're singing that song and I gotta lump in my throat cause you're gonna sing the word wrong" slowly getting louder while tapping my foot.

"Oh lady, running down to the riptide" I sing louder.

"Taken away to the dark side I wanna be your left hand man"

"I love you when you're singing that song and I gotta lump in my throat cause you're gonna sing the words wrong" not realizing my door was wide open.

"Oh lady, running down to the riptide" singing even louder getting lost in the song.

"Taken away to the dark side, I wanna be your left hand man"

"I love you when you're singing that song and I gotta lump in my throat cause you're gonna sing the words wrong"

"And I gotta lump I'm my throat cause you're gonna sing the words wrong" I sing ending the song.

I hear clapping and whistling and look to see my door wide open with all of my sisters standing there. I groan covering my face up in embarrassment.