• Softening up.... •

~ Time skip to a week later bc I'm too lazy to write out what happened after the last chapter's end lol ~

Licorice's POV
________________________

I would sit on my bed frustrated, and maybe a bit sad as i scribbled things down in my journal. I eventually got too frustrated and just threw my journal down and began to cry. Thoughts of what happened yesterday taunting my mind. I buried my face in my hands and couldn't stop thinking about what Pomegranate said to me.

"You're not even good enough to do such a simple task"

I couldn't get it out of my head...

"You ever think you'll impress Dark Enchantress when you fail so often?"

Why is it like this...?
I sobbed harder and grabbed my pillow and held onto it for comfort. All of what happened spiraled in my mind.
"Licorice! Get down here!" I heard Pomegranate from downstairs. I wiped my tears to the best I could, I managed to bottle up everything. I ran downstairs and saw Pomegranate and Dark Choco. Pomegranate looked at me and said "Licorice, Dark Choco Cookie hasn't been the best at doing tasks alone lately.....And neither have you, to be honest, So Dark Enchantress instructed me to pair you two up to.......well.....she didn't really tell me. So, you two go.....do....... something, I guess." I was already too hurt to say anything back so I just grabbed Dark Choco's arm and dragged him up to my room and closed the door. We ended up talking for a bit but then he said something that just kind of.......broke me.
"Well, you do tend to be useless at times."

I looked at him with a shocked expression, and talked back to him.
"Well maybe, we would've been better off WITHOUT YOU AROUND!"
"Licorice calm down I was just-"
"OH, BUT I'M USELESS! SURE, I AM, BUT ISNT ALL YOU'RE GOOD FOR YOUR STRENGTH? OR MAYBE ITS YOUR SWORD! OH WAIT IT COULDN'T BE, BECAUSE YOU FUCKING TRIED TO KILL SOMEONE WITH IT!"
"L-Licorice you're g-going too far-"
"OH, I'M GOING TOO FAR NOW? YOU FUCKING BETRAYED SOMEONE, I NEVER DID THAT! BETTER YET-"
"LICORICE!"
I realized there were tears streaming down my face and.....I'd made him cry as well. I instantly felt guilty, hell, I never thought I'd feel guilty over yelling at someone I hated anyways. I looked at him and just.......ran up and hugged him.
"I-I'm so sorry- t-this got really out of hand I-I don't know what to say-" I kept apologizing, saying "I'm sorry" on repeat for God knows how long until..
"Licorice." Dark Choco said. I stopped apologizing, but hugged tighter onto him. "Licorice, it's alright. I understand you're stressed. I infact knew as soon as you pulled me into your room. I'm sorry too, alright. Look, I understand when you're stressed you'll just look for a sensitive spot so you feel less bad about yourself. You did nothing wrong, okay? You didn't realize what you were saying. It's not your fault." He said to me, holding me closer. I just sobbed some more into his chest hand held onto him.

I sniffled and let out one last sentence. "I'm sorry......I love you" before holding onto him like a teddy bear.