first "date"

i don't think anyone's ever been on a first date with two boys. let alone two brothers....

their parents were having a party and invited me family as well. their cousins were there so like always i spent my time just reading in the basement. it was quite peaceful down there while the boys wrestled all day upstairs.

about an hour later i walked back upstairs and their cousins were about the leave. i felt bad feeling a little excited, but i just wanted more time with the conrad and jeremiah.

after they left, i sat in their living room talking to his grandparents. i may not like their cousins very much,but their grandparents adored me. eventually jeremiah sat down next to me and joined into our conversation. at one point his grandpa sat up and said "you teens should all go out and do something" before winking at me and handing jeremiah a $20 bill. jere shrugged and turned to face me to asked if i wanted to go to the thrift shop that just opened nearby.

conrad had just gotten his license and as i looked at jere i could tel we were both thinking the same thing. we smirked at each other before booking up the stairs to conrad's room. conrad loved being older so we knew it would be easy to convince him to use his new license to take us.

he agreed (jere secretly high fived me as we talked to Conrad) and said that he just needed to use the bathroom real quick and that he'd meet us down stairs. jeremiah and i went back downstairs and sat in the living room again and continued to talk to his grandparents.

it had been almost thirty minutes and talking to his grandparents was getting a little boring. don't get me wrong, i really liked them. just sometimes it just gets a little.... awkward? jeremiah and i decided to take things into our own hands and go see what conrad was doing upstairs. to our surprise he was still in the bathroom, taking a dump. we banged on the door and told him to hurry up before once again going back down to talk to his grandparents. except this time i was barely listening.

i wonder if this is what married couples feel like. i always hear people complaining about how their husbands take forever to use the bathroom and i couldn't help but smile. for a second i imagined conrad and i married, living in this house together, and we were about to go out together, but i had to sit here waiting for him. just like wives complain about all the time. i no longer minded sitting there waiting for him. it felt, nice.

when he finally came down we went into the garage and and got into his car. jere took the front seat so i was all alone in the back. jere gave conrad directions while he drove and before i knew it we were parked and walking inside. i was wondering how i'd split my time between the boys. but my main worry was if this would be considered my first date. i had never been shopping with a boy (or two in this case) alone, let alone been driven somewhere by an older guy. i'd have to ask taylor when i got back.

i felt special. i had the boys all to myself without our siblings bothering us all the time. jeremiah was a goofball looking through all the funny stuff while conrad walking around looking all serious with his hands in his pockets. i had expected to spend most of my time with conrad but something about jeremiah's silliness made me want to stay with him the whole time. and i was glad i did because being the recipient of one of jere's famous smiles was the greatest feeling ever.

on our way home jere sat with me in the back and our hands brushed each other's a few times.